- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Coalition Armory Inc.|
|Communications System||Pickering Communications Mark III|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dalban HiRez|
The Hound is the first BattleMech built by the Filtvelt Coalition that doesn't use RetroTech. Instead it uses equipment from the Succession Wars era and later to create a versatile combat 'Mech. The parts used by the Hound are popular and easy to maintain, making the 'Mech popular not just with pilots but with logistical personnel as well. The standard fusion engine means that the Hound can keep fighting even if it's lost a side torso, unlike many 'Mechs which use an XL Engine.
Weapons and Equipment
The Hounds main firepower comes from an LB 10-X autocannon in a shoulder mount similar to that of the Shadow Hawk. Two tons of ammunition is carried as well, allowing the Hound to penetrate an opponent's armor and then switch to cluster rounds to increase the odds of inflicting damage on internal systems. A pair of Light PPCs are mounted in the right arm to supplement the autocannon. Though they only do half the damage of the standard PPC, the Light PPCs have the same range as that weapon. This insures that the Hound will be able to "reach out and touch someone" even if its ammo bins run dry. For close in work the pilot has an SRM-4 with a ton of ammunition and a single Medium Laser.
There are no known variants of the Hound as of this writing.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, pp. 38-39, "Hound 'Mech Profile"
- MUL online entry for the Hound
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 46