Blue Shot Weapons
|Blue Shot Weapons|
|Primary Site(s)|| Loxley|
|Primary Products|| BattleMechs|
Blue Shot Weapons was a manufacturing concern in the Lyran Commonwealth for many years before its main factories on Solaris were destroyed by Free Worlds League troops in 2928. During the Clan Invasion, the Federated Commonwealth invested heavily in additional weapons manufacturing centers in order to get as many 'Mechs and tanks on the field as possible. Blue Shot Weapons' Solaris lines were reopened in the mid-3050's via these investments.
Though the Solaris line was producing Lynx BattleMechs by 3056, Gualtiero Marino, the owner of Blue Shot, made several agreements with other manufacturers on Loxley, Midway, and Kathil. These agreements saw licenses for Blue Shot 'Mech designs given to these facilities in exchange for capital investments and production partnerships. Blue Shot's three BattleMech lines have been running continuously ever since.
During the Jihad, the facility on Solaris, suffered heavy capital and personnel losses of 80%, and the operating capacity of the factory was down to only 8% of their full production volume in 3072. The damage was so severe that the Solaris facility was restricted to producing exoskeletons. The Loxley facility, however, came through the Jihad in excellent shape. It suffered no losses at all, and in 3079 it was operating at 95% of its pre-Jihad productivity.
Blue Shot Weapons has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Loxley:|
|STY-3C Starslayer||Medium BattleMech|
|STH-5X Stealth||Medium BattleMech|
|Schildkröte Line Tank||Tracked Vehicles (As of 3122)|
|Thor-4 Endo Steel||Starslayer|
|Fusion Engine - XL|
|GM 150 XL||Schildkröte|
|Odin's Own 34z||Starslayer|
|Armor - FF - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Norse-34 Ferro-Fibrous w/CASE||Starslayer|
|Tek BattleComm||Starslayer & Schildkröte|
|Evil Eye Block IX||Schildkröte|
|FireScan with IndirecTrack||Starslayer|
|LB 10-X AC|
|Components produced on Solaris:|
|LNX-9C Lynx||Medium BattleMech|
|LNX-9R Lynx||Medium BattleMech|
|CTS-6Y Cestus||Heavy BattleMech|
|GM Heavy CVA||Cestus|
|Fusion Engine - XL|
|GM 260 XL||Cestus|
|Nissan 275 XL||Lynx|
|Luxor Load Lifters||Lynx|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Durallex Special Heavy||Cestus|
|Kallon Unity Weave||Lynx|
|Lynx-shur||Lynx/Shipped to Hesperus II for Valkyrie and to Solaris for Werewolf|
|TharHes Thalia HM-22||Cestus|
|Cyclops Multi-Tasker 10||Lynx|
|Salamander Systems CommPhase Unit||Cestus|
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 142, "Blue Shot Weapons Profile"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 26, "Solaris VII Corporate Profiles"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 19
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 3
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 210, "Produced Blue Shot Weapons Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Steiner, p. 4
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 16, "Schildkröte"
- Schildkröte Line Tank's MUL Profile which includes Introduction Year.
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 212, "Produced Blue Shot Weapons Components"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 182, "Groundhog Exoskeleton Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 214 - "Produced Cestus Components"