- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Primary Site(s)|| Alarion|
|Primary Products|| Aerospace Fighter|
Bowie Industries is a multinational manufacturer of armaments.
Originally based on the Draconis Combine world of Dell, the planet's poor strategic position and strong economic incentives contributed to the company's relocation to Alarion. When the Succession Wars broke, the company was in a better position to ride out the storm, though it still lost many manufacturing centers during the conflict. Heavy financial aid from House Steiner allowed the company to recover and resume production in time for the Fourth Succession War.
The Clan Invasion spurred on the company, in a joint project with Ioto Galactic Enterprises, to restart WarShip production and produce the first Mjolnir-class WarShip, the Yggdrasil, from the Port Sydney Naval Shipyards. With the end of the FedCom Civil War, the company continued in this joint venture to produce the second in the Mjolnir class, the Fylgia, for the Lyrans. The rest of the company's aerospace assets are tied up in DropShip production. The naval shipyards are also frequently used to repair more and more of the Commonwealth's 'Mech carrying Dropships, so a repair bay for 'Mechs was installed on the orbital facility, constituting an important extension for the shipyard.
During the Jihad the Alarion system was attacked by the Word of Blake. Everyone in the system was killed, and Bowie's factories were destroyed. The facility on Carlisle suffered no capital and personnel losses, but the operating capacity of the factory was reduced to 85% of their main output in 3079.
The Bowie plant on Wyatt was hit by a pair of 50-kiloton cobalt-laced nuclear weapons in 3068 which devastated the plant and nearby Earhardt City. Multiplying the long-term effects of the nuclear strike against the Bowie plant was a Class Nine storm which proceeded to distribute the fallout across a wide swathe of the planet.
Bowie Industries has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Dicallus:|
|Components produced on Terra:|
|Armor - FF - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Components produced on Wasat:|
|Interplanetary Drive - Combat Jumpships|
|Quadrant Turbo Thrusters||Bug-Eye|
|Compact Kearny-Fuchida Drive|
|Armor - Warships|
The Wyatt facility was targeted by two nuclear devices in 3068 and apparently devastated; it is not known to what extent production was affected.
|Components produced on Wyatt:|
|ARC-5W Archer||Heavy BattleMech|
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 142, "Bowie Industries Profile"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 143, "Ioto Galactic Industries Profile"
- Objective Raids, pp .78-79, "Produced Components"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, pp. 3-4
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 3, "State of the Industry Table"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 17, "Environmental Impact"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 3
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 123, "Weapons Industries - [Coventry Metal Works]"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 216, "Produced Chippewa W5 Components"
- Technical Readout: 3057, p. 52
- Dropships and Jumpships, p.17
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 52, "Produced Razorback Profiles"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 22, "Packrat Profile"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks, p. 5, "Produced Spindrift IndustrialMech"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 7
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 98, "Produced SDT-1A Spindrift Components"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 256, "Produced Archer 9M 'Mech variant"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 260, "Produced Marauder Components"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 170, "WKT-1S Wildkatze"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 5, "Bowie Industries"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 148, "Produced Gabriel Vehicle Components"
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 124, "Produced Bug-Eye Ship Components"
- Technical Readout: 3050, p.162, "Archer"
- DropShips and JumpShips
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks
- Handbook: House Steiner
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance
- Objectives: Periphery
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3057
- Technical Readout: 3067
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Technical Readout: Prototypes