|Production Year||Introduction Year::3063|
|Mass||30 tons[[Category:30 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Bowie Light Endo Model 14 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Durallex Special Medium Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE|
|Engine||Defiance 180 Light Fusion|
|Communications System||Dalban Micronics 35|
|BV (1.0)|| 761|
The Razorback is a design that excels at little, but is similarly deficient in few areas. Its ER Large Laser allows it to be effective at long-range, while the missiles and Machine Guns double as short-range firepower and anti-infantry weapons. Though the design is rather slow for a 'Mech of its size, it is rarely the slowest 'Mech on the field, either. Because of the 'Mech's general reliance on ballistic and missile weaponry, it does not have to worry about overheating under normal circumstances but is dependent on supply trains.
Weapons and Equipment
The RZK-9S includes a Defiance Model 6 ER Large Laser for long-distance fire, while its other weapons allow it to deal even more damage at close range. Perhaps the role the 'Mech is best suited for is in assaulting unarmored infantry. Its array of Coventry Light Autogun Machine Guns allow the 'Mech to make very short work of infantry platoons. The 'Mech is also well-suited to clean-up work with its Defiance Trak-Shot II Streak SRM-4. The short-range plinking weapons allow the Razorback to damage internal components that can cripple an enemy 'Mech without destroying it outright.
- This variant has basically been rebuilt from the ground up developed in 3071. An XL Engine and Endo Steel are used to free up space, while Ferro-Fibrous Armor provides the same level of protection for less weight. The 'Mech's ground speed has increased to 110km/h maximum. Offensively this Razorback carries four ER Small Lasers and a Heavy PPC. BV (2.0) = 1,172
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 52-53, "RZK-9S Razorback"
- MUL online entry for the Razorback
- Combat Operations, p. 132, "Force Faction Tables"
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 49
- MUL online entry for the Razorback RZK-9T variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 78
- MUL online entry for the Razorback RZK-10S variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 79
- MUL online entry for the Razorback RZK-10T variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 80