|Manufacturer||Krauss-Liemann Incorporated |
|Armor||PanzerSlab Type 3|
|Communications System||Vex/Holden TriComm Plus|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dillon QuadTrac w/Particle Cannon Suite|
|Jump Jets||Gerard Special A|
The Phoenix was the Rim Worlds Republic's first effort to design a jump-capable BattleMech. Terens Amaris was convinced that the Wasp and its jump jets heralded a sea-change in tactics and was determined to build a 'Mech larger than the Wasp that incorporated them. Unfortunately, the Republic lacked jump jets, so the project stalled while technicians reverse-engineered the technology. Terens insisted on "quality over quantity" in the Republic's BattleMech program, delaying production until well after the Terran Hegemony had fielded the Griffin and Shadow Hawk. Nonetheless, the Phoenix and its jumping capability did allow the Republic to execute new battle plans, including combat drops from DropShips. No other power produced or salvaged the Phoenix and it was believed to have become extinct following Aleksandr Kerensky's conquest of the Rim Worlds Republic. It was surprising, then, when a ComStar report indicated that the Hanseatic League was deploying a number of them.
The main feature of the medium-class Phoenix is its ability to jump up to 150 meters. Capable of attaining 86 km/h, the Phoenix is protected by nine tons of armor.
Weapons and Equipment
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 298-299, "PX-3R Phoenix"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 11, "Infrastructural Integrity"
- MUL online entry for the Phoenix (BattleMech)
- Era Digest: Age of War, p. 11
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 272
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 217
- MUL online entry for the PX-1R Phoenix varinat
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 273
- MUL online entry for the PX-4R Phoenix varinat
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 274
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 218