- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works|
|Chassis||Alshain Type Chi|
|Engine||VOX 225 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher Security Plus w/Guardian ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Eagle Eye 410 XX w/TAG|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Icarus 81|
The Komodo is designed to hunt and kill Clan Elemental Battle Armor. The 'Mech is built to be able to catch up to and destroy them with exceptional speed and maneuverability. The 'Mech is powered by a VOX 225 XL Engine that propels the 'Mech to a maximum speed of 86.4 kph. The Komodo can jump up to one hundred and fifty meters allowing it to traverse just about any terrain with ease, and is armored with seven and a half tons of armor. The 'Mech is also equipped with a Matabushi Guardian ECM Suite to defend against any enemy electronic warfare systems and also a Forward-1 TAG allowing the Komodo to designate a target for an Arrow IV artillery strike.
Weapons and Equipment
The Komodo is armed with ten Victory 23R Medium Lasers as its primary weapons. While these have a range of only 270 meters, the 'Mech has enough firepower to annihilate an entire point of Elementals. The 'Mech is also armed with two Yori Flyswatter Anti-Missile Systems to defend against missile attacks.
- The 3C variant that entered service in 3064, is a radical modification of the Komodo that makes it capable of commanding a C3 lance. This is done by removing two double heat sinks and two Medium Lasers as well as the TAG designator and adding a C3 Master Computer. BV (1.0) = 1,197, BV (2.0) = 1,371
- Shugenja - Due to the impressive performance by the Komodo, Independence Weaponry purchased Komodo chassises, which they then modified to manage more mass. The resulting BattleMech developed into the Shugenja.
- MUL online date for the Komodo
- Combat Operations, p. 125
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 42
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 43
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 44
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 45
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 118