- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3061|
|Chassis||Alshain Type Heavy Chi|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
|Communications System||Garret T-19F w/C3 Computer|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cat's Eyes 5|
|Heat Sinks||15 Double Heat Sinks|
Designed to be a heavy C3 command 'Mech the Shugenja is built around an Alshain Type Heavy Chi chassis that supports a Vlar 300 XL engine which gives the 'Mech a top speed of 64.8 km/h allowing the Shugenja to keep up with most 'Mechs of its size while sacrificing durability for more free weight. The Shugenjas C3 computer allows it to act as a hub for friendly units equipped with C3 slave units to share targeting data. The Shugenga is well protected with thirteen tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. To dissipate heat from its weapons the the Shugenja has fifteen double heat sinks. In spite of its advanced weapons and equipment, the Shugenja doesn't carry CASE to protect it from ammunition explosions.
Weapons and Equipment
Intended to keep its enemies at medium to long ranges, the Shugenja is armed with a Lord's Light 2 ER PPC that is capable of striking an enemy at a distance, allowing the Shugenja to snipe at its victims. For just outside medium range to short range, the 'Mech carries a Shigunga MRM-30 launcher and two Diverse Optics Type 30 Large Lasers.
- This is an improved version of the Shugenja introduced during the Jihad. This variant includes replacement of the XL Fusion Engine with a Light. The two Large Lasers are replaced with a pair of Light PPCs. A Guardian ECM Suite has been installed to added more protection from more sophisticated weaponry, such as Word of Blake C3i units. To protect from infantry attack, the 'Mech been given anti-infantry pods with a single A-Pod right leg, and a B-Pod to protect against Battle Armor attacks mounted on the left. Like its parent unit the 'Mech retains the ER PPC, MRM-30 Launcher and the C3 Master Computer. BV (2.0) = 1,692
- Komodo - Independence Weaponry purchased Komodo chassises to use as the basis for the Shugenja, reinforcing the frame to support an additional 30 tons of mass.
- MUL online date for the Shugenja
- Combat Operations, p. 124
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 197
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 172
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 173 - SJA-8H variant of the Shugenja deployed in the Jihad.
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 116