- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
A Point is the basic Clan military formation and was considered by Nicholas Kerensky to be the smallest effective deployment of any military asset, a doctrine which has remained unchanged since its introduction. Points are commanded by a Point Commander, except for naval Points, which are either commanded by a Star Commodore in the case of WarShips or a Star Captain in the case of JumpShips and DropShips.
A Point can consist of one of the following:
- One OmniMech or BattleMech.
- Two OmniFighters. Both will always be of the same design though not necessarily of the same configuration,
- Two Combat Vehicles.
- Five Battle Armored Elementals. Elementals are rarely deployed in anything less than Point strength to maximize their lethality.
- Twenty-five conventional infantry. These are organized into five five-man squads, one of which serves as the Point's command squad.
- Five ProtoMechs. A ProtoMech Point may consist of all one type or different types.
- One Vessel (WarShip, JumpShip, DropShip)
- Field Manual: Warden Clan, p. 11
- Field Manual: Crusader Clan, p. 10
- Field Manual: Warden Clan, p. 13
- Field Manual: Crusader Clan, p. 11
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 10
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 8
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 9
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 190