A trueborn is a Clan warrior born from the mixing of two genetic legacies as part of the Clans' eugenics program. Artificially conceived within an Iron Womb, trueborns are bred and trained from birth to be the ultimate warriors and taught to believe only they are true inheritors of Aleksandr Kerensky's legacy. After being raised in a Crèche and trained as part of a Sibko, trueborns must prove themselves in a Trial of Position to become full-fledged warriors or be cast out and forced into one of the civilian castes. For this reason trueborns are considered inherently superior to freeborns, or those who have been conceived naturally, and in general look down on them with contempt.
 See also
- ↑ Classic BattleTech RPG, p. 31
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 8
- ↑ Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 9
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 160
- ↑ Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 168