- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Iron Wombs are artificial birthing chambers used by the Clans as part of their eugenics program for the creation of the perfect trueborn warriors. Early examples were first used in 2816 to birth the first Clan warriors, but by 2819 dedicated "birthing systems" had been developed, with the devices evolving steadily over the years until the current model was developed by Clan Diamond Shark in 2850.
However the technology for iron wombs dates back to the late twentieth/early twenty-first centuries, when the Jutendo University on Terra created life-support systems for premature babies. These artificial wombs were restricted to their original limited use out of concerns for the moral and social implications of their widespread use. In forming the Clans however Nicholas Kerensky needed to quickly increase his population, and so such ethical restrictions were abandoned.
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 68, "Medical Technology And Genetics"