- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
A Codex is a Clan trueborn warrior's identification and service record and is especially important among the Bloodnamed. Typically worn as a bracelet, it records everything from battle honors, recorded kills and injuries to physical characteristics, test scores and genetic history, including to which Bloodhouse and generation the warrior belongs. The bracelet can also display an electronic representation of the warrior's DNA for identification purposes. This same information is also maintained in a central Genetic Repository and used by the scientist caste to determine which bloodlines to combine to create the perfect warrior.
Freeborn warriors are also given a codex, however it only contains information about their career and health since only the genetic material of Bloodnamed trueborn warriors is used in the eugenics program.
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 37
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 160
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 168