|Manufacturer||Mountain Wolf BattleMechs,|
Sabanillas Mining Company
|Chassis||Heavy Star QAT-4|
|Communications System||Magestrix Alpha|
|Targeting Tracking System||Magestrix Gamma|
|Jump Jets||Pitban LFT-50|
The Merlin debuted in 3010 as a product of the rebuilt Mountain Wolf BattleMechs. The Merlin was hailed as a technological marvel at the time it was released, as it was the first completely new design to be developed in over 100 years. The Merlin uses components that are all reliable and readily available, making the Merlin a durable and easy-to-repair 'Mech. The 'Mech is powered by a Pitban 240 fusion engine that gives it a top speed of 64.8 km/h. The Merlin carries ten and a half tons of armor, which is a respectable amount of protection for its weight. Additionally, the Merlin carries eighteen heat sinks to handle its heavy heat load.
 Weapons and Equipment
The Merlin is armed to be able to engage an enemy at any range. For long range combat, the 'Mech carries a Magna Hellstar PPC and a Holly LRM-5 launcher. To protect itself at medium to short ranges, a pair of Martell Model 5 Medium Lasers provide the Merlin with respectable short range firepower. Finally, to protect the 'Mech against infantry attacks, the Merlin has a Zippo Flamer and a Sperry Browning Machine Gun.
 Custom Variants
- MLN-1B Merlin Porter
- A uniquely customized Merlin, which was created by a tech named Porter Romero on the world Armington. He salvaged the 'Mech from a pirate raid during the 3060s. Using a wrecked militia Bulldog for parts, he replaced the ruined PPC and LRM-5 with the tank's Large Laser and SRM 4 Launcher as well as adding additional armor. BV (1.0) = 909
- An experimental variant of the Merlin which was created by the FedSuns' Sabanillas Mining Company. Created by retired FedSun Major Caleb Gruber, he used his company to produce three of these modified Merlins. Gruber had the Merlin's internal structured strengthened by installing Endo-Composite Internal Structure and switching out the Standard Pitban Fusion Engine for a Lighter version. He then added five tons of Armored Shielding to protect the 'Mech's engine and side torsos. Gruber then exchanged the original 1A's Medium Lasers for Blakist tech Medium VSP Lasers. He then added ancient or Retrotech Laser Insulators to help cool down the VSP lasers. Lastly, he exchanged the old PPC for a Bombast Laser. The MLN-SX also sports 14 Double heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 1,181
 BattleMech Gallery
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 142-143, "Merlin Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 256
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 264
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 136
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 257
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 265
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 258
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 266
- ↑ Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs p. 8 - Merlin Porter - Custom Variant published by BattleCorps website.
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks p. 4, 17 - MLN-SX Merlin - Experimental Prototype Merlin.