- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere Experimental|
|Damage||7 - 12|
|Ammo Per Ton||n/a|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||n/a|
Developed by the Lyran Alliance in 3064, the Bombast Laser was designed to be the ultimate word in laser weapons. During the design process, its engineers had to reduce the weight of the weapon. This sacrifice came from the power supply, which made the weapon slow at charging.
To make up for this, the engineers added the ability for the warrior to adjust the yield of damage inflicted by the weapon. The power management, however, proved to be impractical and distracting in the field for its users. The weapon reached prototype production by 3064. Its unusual pre-fire glow from building up its power became a popular visual effect on Solaris VII, making the weapon popular as well.
The Bombast Laser is manufactured on the following planets:
|Defiance DialScope Model A||Defiance Industries||Hesperus II||???|||
|Maxell Maximum||Arcturus||Arcturan Arms||Vedette V7|||
The Bombast Laser is an adjusted damage weapon. When the weapon is fired the pilot chooses to set it to a damage rating from 7 to 12. However this brings with it a targeting modifier according to the following formula: (current damage - minimum damage) / 2; rounded up.
- Tactical Operations, pp. 406-407, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 320, "Bombast Laser"
- Tactical Operations, p. 382, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 50, "Vedette V7"