Improved Heavy Medium Laser
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
|Improved Heavy Medium Laser|
|Type||Direct Fire - Energy|
|Tech Base|| Clan Experimental|
(Advanced after 3085
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||N/A|
The Improved Heavy Medium Laser is Clan Goliath Scorpion's workhorse Heavy Laser design. Like the version introduced by Clan Star Adder, it can inflict twice the damage of a standard Medium Laser. Unlike the Star Adders' weapon, it does not interfere with targeting systems, so Scorpion Warriors have a better chance of hitting their target.
The Improved Heavy Medium Laser's only real drawback is the fragility of the capacitors it uses to store power. Much like a Gauss Rifle, an Improved Heavy Laser will explode if destroyed in combat, inflicting a hit equivalent to a Medium Laser to the 'Mech's internal structure.
The Improved Heavy Medium Laser is manufactured on the following planets:
|Series X-a||Alpheratz||Alliance Defenders Limited||Stinger IIC|||
|Model Vi||Alshain||Bergan Industries||Ursus 3|||
|Tiercel||Sudeten||Falcon's Roost Orbital Assembly Plant||Persepolis|||
- Tactical Operations, p. 407, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 207, "Jihad Technology Advancment Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 321, "Improved Heavy Large Laser"
- "Tactical Operations, p. 406, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 384, "Clan Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 140, "Stinger II"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 146, "Ursus 3"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 196, "Persepolis"