- This article is about the planet. For the scenario pack, see The Battle For Twycross.
|Planetary System Info|
|Star Type||F0IV (171 hours)|
|Position in System||3|
|Time to Jump Point||12 Days|
|Recharging Station||Zenith and Nadir|
|HPG Facility Class||B|
|Percent, Level of Native Life||40%, Mammals|
X: -108.26 Y: 367.86[e]
- Time to Jump Point: 21.94 days
- Number of Satellites: 1 (Twycross III)
- Surface Gravity: 1.0
- Atmosphere Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Equatorial Temperature: 65ºC (Desert)
- Surface Water Coverage: 40% percent
 Planetary Description
Twyrcross is a weather-wild desert planet that orbits a large and hot sun. Where cataclysm events and powerful wind storms are common and its people are used to this. This lead to population placing their cities and towns underground or making surface structures squat and flat. The planet has a massive and continuous storm known as the Diabolis, which spawns never ending destructive weather.
 Notable Planetary Locations
- Camora - capital of Twycross.
- Great Gash - Series of deep canyons which was became major site between Clans and Inner Sphere forces in 31st Century.
- Plain of Curtains
 Minor Cities and Locations on Twycross
- Hawkroost - Settlement
- Auburn Depot
- Camora Space Port
 Early Times
Twycross was settled during the high of the Star League era.
 Late Succession Wars
By 3025, Twycross had become part of the Lyran Commonwealth's Tamar Pact, it had by that time period a low population and it was most undeveloped world of that province. Due to nature of the planet, its government had politically sly and sutled in how it done business. While justice inflicted on its people rough for world living on edge civilization.
 Clan Invasion
 Twycross Invasion of Clan Jade Falcon
In June of 3050, Clan Jade Falcon invaded Twycross Clans Invasion's Second Wave. The planet's defenders', the Twycross TMM, faced off against the Jade Falcon Guards. The militia unit put up a fanatical struggle against the Clan invaders. After three weeks of fighting, survivors of the Twycross TMM withdrew from the planet. However, though losing the planet, they brought intelligence that aid the FedCom High Command to develop a strategy in over come the Clans.
 Second Battle of Twycross
During the Fourth Wave of the conflict, in September a FedCom Task Forces frontline combat units were deloyed, Twycross. The task force consisted of 10th Lyran Guards, 9th FedCom RCT, and first two battalions of the Kell Hounds. Jade Falcons defenders only consisted of Jade Falcon Guards and elements of the Jade Falcon Eyrie, which engaged FedCom forces in Plain of Curtains and Great Gash canyon region. Battle turned in favor of the FedCom forces, when Clan forces were lured into the Gash where Kai Allard-Liao detonated planted powerful explosives in the walls of the Gash. Resulting in Jade Falcon Guards destruction by being buried under rock and rubble. The destruction & defeat of the Guards triggered resignation of then Falcon's Khan Timus Malthus.
Despite winning control of the planet, FedCom forces abandoned it to the Falcons.
 Refusal War
In November 3057, Clan Wolf's Khan Natasha Kerensky lead Clan Wolf forces Twycross where they did battle with Falcon Guard as part of massive Trial of Refusal. In the insuing Combat Trial, Khan Kerensky initiated personal Zellbrigen with Falcon Guard Mechwarrior, Joanna. Where two battled in Great Gash, which battle for Twycross was won for Falcon's when Joanna fell Kerensky in last ditch act of defiance.
 Falcon Incursion and Diamond Shark Conquest
In 3064, Falcon's Occupation Zone became target of the Lyran Alliance counter-offensive against Jade Falcon Incursion. In Late October to early November, a Lyran Alliance task force lead by General Archer Christifori challenged the garrison commander, Star Colonel Ravill Pryde to a Trial of Possession for control of Twycross. On the 24th of November, Archer's Avengers were in process of landing, when Ravill Pryde's Timber Wolf fired on incoming DropShips. Seen as a breech of Zellbrigen, the Avengers attacked the Jade Falcon Guards with full force, winning the ensuing battle. Captured and briefly made into a Bondsman, Diana Pryde was used to relay a message to Khan Martha Pryde to end her conflict in the Lyran space.
The Avengers detached their Armor assets and other miscellaneous forces to the garrison the planet. The Falcon's had issued their noticed, they resolved never return to Twycross. However, in April 3065, Clan Diamond Sharks issued a batchall for control of the planet. After five days of fighting, garrison force was dispatched and planet became possession of Clan Diamond Shark. The Sharks had wanted the planet for its disabled BattleMech Factory. Later, scouts from the Clan discover a near by orbiting planetoid in the system - Jonah's Reach - possessed a large deposit of HarJel.
 Jihad Era
By 3077, Twycross's old Trellshire Heavy Industries had been restored and re-configured to produce Diamond Shark designs for sale. Twycross had become Clan Diamond Shark's most prized possession in the Inner Sphere. The Clan's flagship, Terror of the Deep and Galaxy worth of troops had been assign permanently to defend Twycross and HarJel mining complex on Jonah’s Reach.
The Trellshire Heavy Industries plant was destroyed in a nuclear explosion intended to both destroy the factory and the garrisoning Clan Diamond Shark forces from Gamma Galaxy who had been lured to the plant by a series of earlier explosions. The plant was initially described as having been heavily damaged.
 Era Specific Data
- Recharging Station: Zenith & Nadir
- Noble Ruler: Yvonne Killa, Duchess of Trell
- Political Leader: Kirk Jalson, Speaker of the Assembly
- HPG Class: B (ComStar)
- ComStar Representative: Precentor Briaz Culvertino
 Garrisoning Military Forces
 3054 to 3061
- 8th Assault (Clan Diamond Shark)
- 21st Strike (Clan Diamond Shark)
- 28th Cruiser (Clan Diamond Shark)
 Manufacturing Centers
 Owner History
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Clan Steel Viper 
- 3057 - Clan Steel Viper
- 3062 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3065 - Clan Diamond Shark
- 3067 - Clan Diamond Shark
- 3079 - Clan Diamond Shark
- 3130 - Clan Sea Fox 
 Nearby Planets
- Trellshire was listed as the capital of Twycross in House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 153, "Clan Diamond Shark Key Worlds"
- ↑ House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) p. 172 - World Atlas - Twycross - Planetary description and thumbnail of life on planet.
- ↑ Masters & Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers p. 153 - Planet description.
- ↑ House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 172, "World Atlas Twycross" - Snapshot of planet's people and government in 3025.
- ↑ Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 39, "Second Wave Twycross" - Invasion of Twycross, and its impact on the war.
- ↑ Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 28, 42, "Fourth Wave: The Falcon Falter" - History and background of fight for FedCom counterassault on Twycross.
- ↑ Shattered Sphere, p. 84, "Twycross and Wotan" - Bit piece of Outcome of Trial of Refusal on Twycross.
- ↑ Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 153, "Twycross profile" - includes events of Refusal War.
- ↑ Operation Audacity, p.?? , Twycross is invaded by Archer Christifori during Falcon Incursion of 3064 and used to catch attention of the Falcons.
- ↑ FedCom Civil War, p. 120, "Falcon Incursion" - Events of the Lyran Alliance invasion of Falcon's OZ leads them to Twycross and its falling to the Diamond Sharks.
- ↑ Field Manual: Update, p. 58, "Diamond Sharks" - Debt Consoldidation - Reaffirming planet takeover and what happened to the Avengers on planet.
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 19
- ↑ Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 153, "Twycross profile from Masters and Minions which includes some info not mentioned in older sources".
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 115, "Gamma Galaxy"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 113, "Clan Industry"
- ↑ House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 172, "Planet Guide"
- ↑ The Battle of Twycross, p. 7
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Objective Raids, p. 114, "Unit Note"
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 19.2 Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 165, "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 Field Report: Clans, p. 8, "Clan Diamond Shark Deployment Status"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook)
- Field Manual: Update
- Field Manual: Warden Clans
- Field Report: Clans
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids
- Operation Audacity
- Shattered Sphere
- The Battle for Twycross
- The Wars of Reaving