- This article is about the planet. For the scenario pack, see The Battle For Twycross.
(References to Twycross)
Twycross neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||171 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith, Nadir|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||1 (Twycross III)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||65°C (Desert)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3079|
|Ruler||Yvonne Killa, Duchess of Trell (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)|| B (Precentor Briaz Culvertino) (3025)|
- 1 Planetary Garrison
- 2 Manufacturing Centers
- 3 Owner History
- 4 Planetary Info
- 5 Notable Planetary Locations
- 6 Planetary History
- 7 Nearby Planets
- 8 References
- 9 Bibliography
3054 to 3061
- Diamond Skate)
- Twenty-first Combined Assault
- Twenty-seventh Cruiser Cluster
- Eighty-third Cruiser Cluster
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Clan Steel Viper 
- 3057 - Clan Steel Viper 
Twycross is a weather-wild desert planet that orbits a large and hot sun, where cataclysmic events and powerful wind storms are common, and its people are used to this. Due to these storms and events the population placed their cities and towns underground or made surface structures squat and flat. Twycross has a massive and continuous storm known as the Diabolis, which spawns never ending destructive weather.
In the outer reaches of the Twycross system lies the world known as Jonah’s Reach. This uninhabitable planet became the Inner Sphere's major source of HarJel when Clan Diamond Shark acquired the system.
Notable Planetary Locations
- Camora - capital of Twycross.
- Great Gash - Series of deep canyons which became the site of major battles in the 31st Century.
- Plain of Curtains.
Minor Cities and Locations on Twycross
- Hawkroost - Settlement
- Auburn Depot
- Camora Space Port
Late Succession Wars
By 3025, Twycross had become part of the Lyran Commonwealth's Tamar Pact, but it had a low population and was the most undeveloped world within the province. Due to the nature of the planet, its government had become politically sly and subtle in how it conducted business. The justice inflicted on its people was rough even for a world living on edge civilization.
Twycross Invasion of Clan Jade Falcon
In June of 3050, Clan Jade Falcon invaded Twycross as a part of the Clans Invasion's Second Wave of attacks. The planet's defenders, the Twycross TMM, faced off against the Jade Falcon Guards. The militia unit put up a fanatical struggle against the Clan invaders but after three weeks of fighting, the survivors of the Twycross TMM withdrew from the planet. However, though losing the planet, they brought intelligence that aided the FedCom High Command in developing a strategy to overcome the Clans. It was here the 1st Somerset Strikers stole equipment from Jade Falcon to help close the Inner Sphere's technological disadvantage from the Clans.
Second Battle of Twycross
In September 3050, during the Fourth Wave of the invasion, a FedCom Task Force of several frontline combat units was deloyed to Twycross. The task force consisted of 10th Lyran Guards, 9th FedCom RCT, and first two battalions of the Kell Hounds. The Jade Falcon defenders only consisted of the Jade Falcon Guards and elements of the Jade Falcon Eyrie, which engaged the FedCom forces on the Plain of Curtains and in the Great Gash canyon region. The battle turned in favor of the FedCom forces when Clan forces were lured into the Gash where Kai Allard-Liao detonated pre-planted powerful explosives in the walls of the Gash, resulting in the Jade Falcon Guards' destruction through being buried under tons of rock and rubble. The destruction and defeat of the Guards triggered the resignation of the Falcon's Khan, Timus Malthus.
Despite winning control of the planet the FedCom forces later abandoned it to the Falcons.
In November 3057 Clan Wolf's Khan Natasha Kerensky led Clan Wolf forces to Twycross where they battled with the Falcon Guard as part of a massive Trial of Refusal. In the the ensuing Combat Trial, Khan Kerensky initiated personal zellbrigen with Falcon Guard Mechwarrior Joanna; the two battled in the Great Gash canyon, where the battle for Twycross was won for the Falcons when Joanna felled Kerensky in a last-ditch act of defiance.
Falcon Incursion and Diamond Shark Conquest
In 3064, the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone became the target of Operation AUDACITY, the Lyran Alliance counter-offensive against the Jade Falcon Incursion. In Late October to early November, a Lyran Alliance task force lead by General Archer Christifori challenged the garrison commander, Star Colonel Ravill Pryde, to a Trial of Possession for control of Twycross. On the 24th of November Archer's Avengers were in process of landing when Ravill Pryde's Timber Wolf fired on the incoming DropShips. Seen as a breach of zellbrigen, the Avengers attacked the Jade Falcon Guards with full force, winning the ensuing battle. Captured and briefly made into a Bondsman, Diana Pryde was used to relay a message to Khan Marthe Pryde to end her conflict in Lyran space.
The Avengers detached their Armor assets and other miscellaneous forces to garrison Twycross, while the resolved never return to Twycross. However, in April 3065, Clan Diamond Shark issued a batchall for control of the planet. After five days of fighting the garrison force was dispatched and Twycross became a possession of Clan Diamond Shark. The Sharks had originally wanted the planet for its disabled BattleMech factory, but later scouts from the Clan discovered that a nearby orbiting planetoid in the system - Jonah's Reach - possessed a large deposit of HarJel.
By 3077, Twycross's old Trellshire Heavy Industries facility had been restored and re-configured to produce Diamond Shark designs for sale and Twycross had become the most prized Diamond Shark possession in the Inner Sphere. The Clan's flagship, the Nightlord-class battleship DCS Terror of the Deep, and a Galaxy of troops had been assigned permanently to defend Twycross and the HarJel mining complex on Jonah’s Reach.
During the Bloody Tricentennial attacks the Trellshire Heavy Industries plant was destroyed in a nuclear explosion intended to both destroy the factory and the garrisoning Diamond Shark forces from Gamma Galaxy, who had been lured to the plant by a series of earlier explosions. The plant was initially described as having been heavily damaged.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 170, "Twycross Planet Guide"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 153, "Clan Diamond Shark Key Worlds - Twycross"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 5, "Twycross"
- The Battle of Twycross, p. 7
- Objective Raids, p. 114, "Unit Note"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 165, "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 30
- Field Report: Clans, p. 8, "Clan Diamond Shark Deployment Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 124, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 5, "DS Aero Assembly Site Rho"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 6, "Trellshire Heavy Industries"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 39, "Second Wave Twycross" - Invasion of Twycross, and its impact on the war.
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 28, 42, "Fourth Wave: The Falcon Falter" - History and background of fight for FedCom counterassault on Twycross.
- Shattered Sphere, p. 84, "Twycross and Wotan" - Bit piece of Outcome of Trial of Refusal on Twycross.
- Operation Audacity, p.?? , Twycross is invaded by Archer Christifori during Falcon Incursion of 3064 and used to catch attention of the Falcons.
- FedCom Civil War, p. 120, "Falcon Incursion" - Events of the Lyran Alliance invasion of Falcon's OZ leads them to Twycross and its falling to the Diamond Sharks.
- Field Manual: Update, p. 58, "Diamond Sharks" - Debt Consoldidation - Reaffirming planet takeover and what happened to the Avengers on planet.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 19
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 115, "Gamma Galaxy"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 113, "Clan Industry"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook)
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Update
- Field Manual: Warden Clans
- Field Report: Clans
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Clans
- Operation Audacity
- Shattered Sphere
- The Battle for Twycross
- The Wars of Reaving