Star Colonel is a high-level officer rank within the Clan military structure. A Star Colonel commands a Cluster of units, usually four or five Binaries, Trinaries, or Supernovas. The rank lacks a direct analogue in the Clans' Star League Defense Force antecedents, although it is roughly equivalent to the Lieutenant Colonel rank in use among the Successor State militaries.
Only Bloodnamed warriors can become Star Colonels and a Clan usually has fewer than a dozen at any one time. Because Clan military forces are smaller in number than those of the Inner Sphere, the next rank, Galaxy Commander, is often held by the Khan or saKhan of the Clan.
As Clan society is a military-led caste system, Star Colonels must be politically, as well as militarily, adroit. Therefore a Clan Colonel often has much more political power and experience than his/her Inner Sphere equivalent.
Clan Blood Spirit
Clan Cloud Cobra
Clan Diamond Shark
Clan Fire Mandrill
Clan Ghost Bear
Clan Goliath Scorpion
Clan Hell's Horses
Clan Ice Hellion
Clan Jade Falcon
Clan Nova Cat (SLDF)
Clan Smoke Jaguar
Clan Snow Raven
Clan Star Adder
Clan Steel Viper
Clan Wolf/Clan Wolf-in-Exile
- ↑ Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 48
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 45
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 97
- ↑ Theoretical rank insignia. No freeborn has ever held this rank in Jade Falcon touman.
- ↑ Field Manual: ComStar, p. 112
- ↑ MechWarrior: The BattleTech Role Playing Game, Second Edition, Color plate section
- ↑ Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 127
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 120
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 140