Star Commander is an officer rank within the Clan military structure. A Star Commander is in charge of either a Star or a Nova. The Inner Sphere equivalent is Lieutenant.
Clan warriors usually require several years of success before promotion to Star Commander. Alternatively, a sibko cadet can test into the position by defeating two opponents during his/her Trial of Position.
 Clan Blood Spirit
 Clan Cloud Cobra
 Clan Coyote
Like the Hell's Horses, Clan Coyote has an explicit Nova Commander rank. This provides the warriors of Clan Coyote with more prestige.
 Clan Diamond Shark
 Clan Fire Mandrill
 Clan Ghost Bear
 Clan Goliath Scorpion
 Clan Hell's Horses
Unlike most other Clans, Clan Hell's Horses has an explicit Nova Commander rank. As they command more troops, these officers could be considered the equivalent of a senior Lieutenant.
 Clan Ice Hellion
 Clan Jade Falcon
 Clan Nova Cat
 Clan Smoke Jaguar
 Clan Snow Raven
 Clan Star Adder
 Clan Steel Viper
 Clan Wolf/Clan Wolf-in-Exile
- ↑ ''Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 48
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 45
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 97
- ↑ Field Manual: Comstar, p. 112
- ↑ MechWarrior: The BattleTech Role Playing Game, Second Edition, Color plate section
- ↑ Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 127
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 120