- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
A Galaxy is the largest type of military formation fielded by the Clans, equivalent to a Brigade in the defunct Star League Defense Force. It consists of several Clusters and is commanded by a Galaxy Commander. Galaxies are self-contained units which include all the necessary assets to mount independent operations, though in practice Galaxies rarely take to the field of battle as one unified force.
Some Galaxies can have as few as two Clusters, while others can have as many as six. Most Galaxies though will have anywhere from three to five Clusters, with an average of four, and include an independent command Trinary or Cluster.
Nicholas Kerensky himself recognized that Galaxies were more for logistical purposes than anything else and unlike smaller formations never set down criteria for their composition. Support elements such as engineers, artillery and MASH units are organized at the Galaxy level but can be attached to individual Clusters as needed.
- MechWarrior's Guide to the Clans, p. 75
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 12
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 10
- Classic BattleTech RPG, p. 200