- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Alphard Trading Corporation|
|Armor||StarSlab 7 Standard|
|Engine||145 Leenex Fusion|
|Speed||183 kph km/h|
|Communications System||Alphard Original Two|
|Targeting Tracking System||RCA Instatrac Mk. II|
Designed as a fast, cheap, and effective raider, the J.Edgar was the last military vehicle that Alphard Trading Corporation manufactured before they disappeared during the conflagration of the Succession Wars. Unfortunately, the J.Edgar proved quite ineffective and was soon phased out, until Pinard Protectorates Limited licensed the design and began manufacturing new variants.
Weapons and Equipment
The vehicle manages to mount a Medium Laser and 2 SRM 2s primary for close range raiding missions. Using its astonishing speed, it closes in and fires a full alpha strike before quickly falling back to evade the enemy's return fire.
- This 3053 spotter variant mounts a TAG and a Beagle Active Probe, in lieu of the SRMs, for spotting and acquiring targets deep behind enemy lines. Two Medium Lasers are also carried for self defense. The Active Probe allows it to detect powered down or hidden targets within the area. BV (1.0) = 359  BV (2.0) = 564
- Internal Combustion Engine
- During the Succession Wars, many J. Edgars were heavily damaged, so their expensive and rare fusion engines were usually replaced with older and bulkier Internal Combustion Engines. First seen in 2854 this alteration greatly reduced the tank's maximum speed to 129 km/h and required a full ton of armor plating to be removed.
- Fuel Cell
- Developed by Scarborough Manufacturers on Al Na'ir in 2998, this J. Edgar used a Fuel Cell engine instead of the fusion engine of the original. Though the ground speed remained the same, the armament did not. The Laser and missile systems were dropped in favor of a Light Rifle and twin Machine Guns. The design was seen as only marginally effective, and when Takashi Kurita came to power he cancelled the project.
- MUL online date for the J. Edgar
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p.8
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 26
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p.7
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 25
- Experimental Technical Readout: Succession Wars, Volume 1, p. 10