Fury (Combat Vehicle)
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer|| Jolassa Armored Vehicles |
Jolassa-Kumbold Armored Weapons
|Targeting Tracking System||Quadrant XD|
1 x Gauss Rifle
Designed in 2637 as a command vehicle for armor and infantry units, the Fury was a popular vehicle within the SLDF thanks to its armor and weaponry. The design also became famous for its inclusion of the Nirasaki-400X Command Computer. Bordering on AI, the system was among the fastest battlefield computers available prior to the collapse of the original Star League and effectively functioned like a primitive version of the Draconis Combine-developed C3 System.
This solidly-built vehicle was also well received for its fifteen tons of PyroTec slab armor and Pitban 320 rated Fusion Engine, offering good protection and speed for its weight and role. Despite being popular with both the SLDF and Great House militaries, the design was effectively extinct by the time of the Second Succession War after Jolassa's sole Fury production line had been destroyed, vaporized by a Draconis Combine nuclear assault in the opening stages of the First Succession War.
The Fury was reborn when Interstellar Expeditions discovered a massive storage vault underneath the factory's foundation in 3068 containing pristine Furies and other Jolassa weaponry. Using the site as a base and trading the vehicle's now-extinct main weapon for a modern Poland Main Model C cannon, as well as adding a single squad infantry bay, the company's successor Jolassa-Kumbold Armored Weapons of Bristol reintroduced the Fury for the modern AFFS.
Weapons and Equipment
The Fury's only weapon is a turret mounted M-9 Gauss Rifle. The powerful rifle gives the vehicle excellent range and firepower and is only hampered by the minimum effective distance. Two tons of Gauss reloads gives the Fury decent endurance in the field for a vehicle not intended to slug it out on the front line.
- Fury II
- With the Terran Hegemony unwilling to make the advanced Nirasaki-400X computer available outside of the SLDF Royal units, Jolassa also produced a "dumb" version known as the Fury II which removes the system and a ton of Gauss ammunition in exchange for a forward facing Medium Laser and half a ton of extra side armor.
- C3 Slave
- The first modern variant developed by JKAW sees the infantry bay dropped, the standard armor replaced with seventeen tons of Ferro-Fibrous plate and the standard engine replaced with a Lyran Alliance-manufactured Light Fusion Engine. The saved weight allows the addition of a C3 Slave Unit, a further ton of Gauss reloads, and a Light AC/5. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,413
- C3 Master
- Designed to work cooperatively with the C3 Slave version, this version also features Ferro-Fibrous armor and a Light Fusion Engine, but sees the Gauss Rifle replaced with a C3 Master Computer, a new 'Mech-scale Plasma Rifle and a Rotary AC/5. The infantry bay has been retained and expanded, allowing it to carry either two squads of standard infantry or one of Battle Armor troops. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,336
- Fury CX-17
- An experimental variant built by ComStar, this Fury model removes the weapons and armor of the original and replaces them with a pair of LB 5-X Autocannon. Intended to act as a command and control vehicle, this variant carries a Cockpit Command Console and Drone Carrier Control System to coordinate attacks by remotely operated units. An Angel ECM Suite and fourteen tons of Reactive Armor protect the Fury. To make room for all this equipment and protection the CX-17 uses a Light Fusion Engine. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,020
- Fury III
- This Dark Age variant is powered by an XL Fusion Engine. It retains the Gauss Rifle of the standard Fury, but adds a Clan-built Rotary AC/5 to the turret. Two ER Medium Lasers have been added to the front. The Fury III carries a Beagle Active Probe and a C3 Boosted Slave unit. The Infantry bay has been removed. BV (2.0) = 1,827
- MUL online date for the Fury (Combat Vehicle)
- Combat Operations, p. 106
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 114
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 178
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 149
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 12
- Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar, p. 11
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 64
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 65
- Technical Readout: 2750, pp. 114-115
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 218-219
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 178-179
- Combat Operations
- Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar
- Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3075