- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3063|
|Chassis||Hollis Alteration Mark VI Endo Steel|
|Armor||Aldis Plate with CASE|
|Communications System||Skobel Wave VI Comm w/C3i Computer|
|Targeting Tracking System||Falcon 12b Watcher|
|Heat Sinks||16 Double heat sinks|
|BV (1.0)||1,858 (C3: 291)|
Based on the King Crab, and built in the same factory that first produced the Mackie, the Vanquisher has a legendary pedigree. The Vanquisher has its genesis in the development of reverse engineered Improved C3 Computers. Once the Word of Blake had perfected their version of C3i, Cameron St. Jamais contacted Skobel MechWorks and contracted them to produce a 'Mech that would showcase the features of the new system. The Vanquisher was the result of that request.
In order to allow it to carry as heavy a payload as possible without sacrificing durability, the 'Mech is built on a Hollis Alteration Mark VI Endo Steel that carries a Vlar 300 fusion engine, which propels the 'Mech to a top speed of 54 km/h. The Vanquisher is protected by nineteen and a half tons of armor with CASE in both side torsos to protect the 'Mech from going down in an ammunition explosion.
Weapons and Equipment
Intended to stay back and let faster units spot for it using the C3i system, the Vanquisher carries a pair of Corean Light Gauss Rifles backed up by two Diverse Optics Sunbeam ER Large Lasers, giving the Vanquisher almost unparalleled reach on the battlefield. For close combat, the 'Mech has three Diverse Optics Type ER Medium Lasers, which are usually enough to dissuade most lighter 'Mechs.
- The 2B variant of the Vanquisher makes up roughly fifteen percent of the current production run. This variant carries four Ultra Autocannon/5s in place of the Light Gauss Rifles and ER Large Lasers. While this variant is much more reliant on ammunition based weapons, the four Ultra Autocannon/5s allow the 'Mech to put more fire downrange at a somewhat shorter range envelope than the 2A variant. BV (1.0) = 1,832 (C3: 223), BV (2.0) = 2,073
- An upgraded version of the Vanquisher, the 5V keeps the ER Large Lasers of the 2A. It trades out the Light Gauss rifles, however, in favor of a Heavy Gauss Rifle. Two of the ER Medium Lasers are retained, and a pair of B-Pods are added for defense against battle armor. Ferro-Fibrous armor is utilized, though a Compact Engine is needed to make room. A Heavy-Duty Gyro increases the 5V's survivability. BV (2.0) = 2,334
- This Vanquisher variant uses a Compact Engine and Compact Gyro to improve survivability. The MechWarrior piloting it is forced into a Small Cockpit, which allows the head to carry a Heavy Flamer and fuel. Each arm carries a Plasma Rifle and ER Flamer, which are backed up by a Snub Nose PPC and two Small VSP Lasers. A Beagle Active Probe allows the 7U to find hidden enemy units, and a Remote Sensor Dispenser is also fitted. This variant also carries sixteen double heat sinks to dissipate the heat generated by the weapons, but it is also equipped with Triple Strength Myomer to turn a liability (excess heat) into a strength. BV (2.0) = 2,144
- VQR-7V Pravuil
- This variant is based on the VQR-7V, but replaces the heavy duty gyro with a Compact Gyro. It has a Gauss Rifle in the right arm and two Large Variable Speed Pulse Lasers in the left arm as its main striking power. Supporting these are twin MML-3s and two ER Medium Lasers. Two tons of ammo are carried for the MMLs and Gauss Rifle. This variant was used by Demi-Precentor Pravuil, who was second in command of the 40th Shadow Division. BV (2.0) = 2,073
- MUL online date for the Vanquisher
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 102-103, "Vanquisher 'Mech Profile"
- Combat Operations, p. 135
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 180
- VQR-5V Vanquisher Record Sheet on CBT.com
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 181
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 182
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 183
- Turning Points: Arcturus, p. 21