|Hawk Moth Gunship|
|Manufacturer||Michaelson Heavy Industries|
|Armor||StarSlab 5 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Michaelson 60 Internal Combustion|
|Communications System||Garret Supremesound|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret D2j|
|BV (1.0)|| 735|
The Hawk Moth Gunship is Michaelson Heavy Industries' follow-up to the very well-received Yellow Jacket Gunship. The similarities between the designs allowed Michaelson to develop the Hawk Moth very quickly. A scant one and a half tons of armor protect this VTOL, but this is not seen as a significant problem as the Hawk Moth is quite speedy and stands off at extreme range.
With the Hawk Moth, the designers responded to the only criticism of the Yellow Jacket; its lack of ammunition. They contracted with Imperator Automatic Weaponry to import the Light Gauss Rifle, who was delighted to showcase what was then a new weapon on a platform so similar to one that had proven itself against the Clans. The light rifle has twice the ammunition of the standard variety and the Hawk Moth carries two tons of this ammo. The incredibly long range of the Gauss gives the Hawk Moth the ability to indiscriminately pepper away at a target, while its speed allows it to stay out of range of its enemies guns.
- This is a Jihad era design variant which has advanced equipment. The Hawk Moth's Internal Combustion Engine is swapped out for a Fuel Cell engine. The Light Gauss and its ammunition are taken out and replaced by a Thunderbolt 15 Missile Launcher with 8 rounds. Finally, the Moth has a Mast Mount on its rotors to increase the craft's ability to keep under cover while spotting. BV (2.0) = 745
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 14-15, "Hawk Moth VTOL Profile"
- ↑ MUL online date for the Hawk Moth
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Combat Operations, p. 120
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 24
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 28
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 25
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 29
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 30