- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Tech Base|| Inner Sphere |
|Ammo Per Ton||4|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||50,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 229/46 for launcher|
29 for ammo
This article is about the missile weapon. For the BattleMech of the same name, see Thunderbolt.
First developed by the Federated Commonwealth in the mid-3050s for the Solaris arenas, the Thunderbolt launcher is an offshoot of standard LRM technology. Instead of firing a group of five missiles, the Thunderbolt 15 launcher fires a single missile that inflicts as much damage as a Gauss Rifle. This increased damage is made up for by the slightly reduced range and increases to the weapon's heat and weight. The Thunderbolt missile is also more vulnerable to anti-missile systems.
The Thunderbolt 15 is produced on the following planets:
|Solaris Arms XT-15||Solaris||Solaris Arms|
|Defiance Bombard||Furillo||Defiance Industries|
- Tactical Operations p. 347 - Thunderbolt Missile Launcher
- Tactical Operations, p. 410-411
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 150, Bombard
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 122
- Unbound, p. 70