|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis||Solaris Arms BX-01 Endo Steel|
|Armor||ArcShield Heavy with CASE and Spikes|
|Engine||Hermes 100 XL|
|Communications System||Dalban Micronics|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dalban HiRez|
Little more than a walking turret, the Bombard packs a heavy weight punch for its fifty-ton weight, relying on it overwhelming its targets before its pathetic mobility can be exploited, a trade off only a few MechWarriors were willing to consider. When interest in the design faded after a humiliating Davion Arena match in 3060 publicly laid bare its flaws, Solaris Arms went back to the drawing board, redesigning and introducing a modernized Bombard in 3064.
While retaining the Hermes 100 rated XL Engine and Endo Steel chassis of the original, they enhanced its defensive protection with CASE in the side torsos while reinforced Spikes were added to legs. Though correcting one notable flaw, replacing the problematic but compact War of 3039-vintage Double Heat Sinks and their corrosive coolant with standard models, most critics point out that modern version's performance is little changed from the despised original.
Weapons and Equipment
While the original Bombard carried a pair of super heavy autocannons, the primary armaments of the modern Bombard are two Solaris Arms XT-15 Thunderbolt Launchers, trading a slight reduction in damage for increased range. Three tons of reloads for each launcher, enough for a combined total of twenty-four shots, give the Bombard reasonable endurance in the arenas. Supporting the Thunderbolt launchers is a pair of Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers.
- The original Bombard mounted a pair of massive Autocannon/20s in place of the Thunderbolt launchers as well as standard Medium Lasers instead of the MBM-013's ER lasers. This version was also equipped with experimental War of 3039-vintage double heat sinks, less bulky than standard double heat sinks, but which utilized corrosive coolant. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 850
- MUL online date for the Bombard
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabriged, p. 249
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 150-151, "BMB-013 Bombard"
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabriged, p. 248
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 223
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabriged, p. 250