- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Asshur Artillery Spotter|
|Armor||Compound JX2 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Consolidated Type 2M|
|Targeting Tracking System||Consolidated Type V TTS|
The Asshur Artillery Spotter is the lightest of the combat vehicles produced during ilKhan Jerome Winson's revitalization of the conventional forces of the Clans. Most vehicles had fallen by the wayside in favor of 'Mechs that could be piloted by individuals, thus assuring that the glory of victory was not shared. With the Clans' expansion into the Kerensky Cluster, however, Winson understood that they would need more garrison forces. The Asshur still fills the niche of forward observer for many Clan garrison forces.
Weapons and Equipment
The Asshur's turret contains two Series 2b ER Medium Lasers and a Pattern J6 Streak SRM-6 launcher. These light weapons are potent nonetheless and a credible threat to other vehicles and lighter 'Mechs. The most potent threat from the hovertank, however, is its ICD Type 4 TAG that can direct powerful homing artillery rounds from a friendly Arrow IV launcher.
- Proto AC
- This is a Jihad era version of the Recon variant of the Asshur. All weaponry has been replaced with a single Advanced Technology Proto Mech Autocannon. The vehicle carries ten rounds of ammunition and has a slight increase in its armor protection. In place of the vehicle's Fusion Engine, the vehicle has been fitted with a Fuel Cell engine instead. BV (2.0) = 333
- MUL online date for the Asshur
- Combat Operations, p.
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 16
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 36-37, "Asshur Vehicle Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 57
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 58
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 59