- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Taurus Territorial Industries|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||TTI MK VI|
|Armor||Durallex Heavy w/CASE|
|Engine||VOX 300 XL|
|Communications System||Neil 9000-C|
|Targeting Tracking System||Octagon Accutrak w/Enhanced Targeting|
|Heat Sinks||13 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Rawlings 54|
The Brahma was designed after the Taurian Concordat was invaded during the Jihad. During that time, the Taurian Defense Force took heavy losses when they put their older machines up against the cutting edge technologies available to the Federated Suns. Though the Taurians were successful in driving the AFFS out of Taurian space and inflicted notable losses on the Federated Suns, the cost to the Concordat in men and material was just too high. With that realization uppermost in their minds, the TDF commissioned a new BattleMech that would force the Taurian industrial community to upgrade their factories. If the factory wasn't able to build a component the designers wanted, the TDF reallocated funds to add that production capability to the factory. Thus the Brahma serves not only as a BattleMech for combat, but as a technology driver as well.
Though the designers originally wanted a 55 ton 'Mech that would complement the Griffin, Shadow Hawk, and Wolverine, they were unable to fit all the technology in a medium 'Mech chassis. The Brahma therefore displaces sixty tons. The standard armor and chassis are quickly and easily produced by the Taurians, while the XL Engine pushes the 'Mech to a top speed of 86 km/h. To provide extra mobility the Brahma has a 90 meter jump capability. To protect the MechWarrior, the Brahma carries over twelve tons of armor and uses CASE to protect the ammunition. Finally, the Targeting Computer improves weapon accuracy and provides a nasty surprise for anyone foolish enough to dismiss the Brahma.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary long range firepower of the Brahma comes from the Light AC/5 built into the torso. This weapon has a slightly shorter range than a standard AC/5 but the weight saved allows the Brahma to carry a trio of ER Medium Lasers for close combat. The LAC/5 can also use special autocannon ammunition types captured from the AFFS. A Streak SRM-6 insures that every missile will inflict the maximum amount of damage possible. To destroy enemy infantry, the Brahma uses a single Flamer. Finally, the head-mounted Anti-Missile System prevents the Brahma from being overwhelmed by a massive Rocket Launcher salvo.
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 88-89, "BRM-5A Brahma"
- MUL online data for the Brahma
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 70
- MUL online data for the Brahma BRM-5B variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 135
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 223, "New Tech, New Upgrades - BattleMechs"
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table - Brahma.