|Chassis||DSAM Endo 5|
|Engine||GM 375 XL|
|Communications System||Garret GBX-2 Amalgamated|
After the success of the Mad Cat II design, which increased the tonnage and weaponry of the Mad Cat, Clan Ghost Bear applied these same changes to the medium Ryoken. The result, the Ryoken II, first walked off the assembly line in 3075, during the Word of Blake Jihad. When the Ghost Bears later decided to sell some to the Republic of the Sphere, it caused a ruckus among some of the Clans, including a few Trials of Grievance from Clan Hell's Horses.
The Ryoken II is slower than its antecedent, only capable of 87 km/h, though it has more weight available for equipment and weapons. It is built on an Endo Steel chassis and is protected by thirteen and a half tons of armor.
A long-range combatant, the Ryoken II carries four Type OVR-X LB-X Autocannon/2s that make excellent anti-aircraft guns. Two Type XVI LRM-15s allow the use of indirect support as well as direct. Limited ammunition forces any MechWarrior to make quick work of his or her enemies. The standard complement of double heat sinks keep the 'Mech chilly.
- Ryoken II 2 - This variant is better suited to close range work and introduced during the Jihad. It trades the autocannons for a pair of Ultra Autocannon/10s and four tons of ammunition for them. Though ammo stores are still limited, this variant is more likely to succeed in greatly damaging its opponent before the stores run out. This is also more imperative, as it mounts two tons less armor. BV (1.0) = 1,842 BV (2.0) = 2,141
- Ryoken II 3 - A Hell's Horses' variant from the Jihad era, which is based on the Ryoken II 2 variant. The Horses removed the original's LB2-X guns for a pair of Class 20 Hyper Assault Gauss Rifles mounted in its side torsos, and the pair of LRM 15 launchers from the original Ryoken II. The launchers' ammunition is moved to the 'Mechs arms while the HAG ammunition is stored in the side torsos along with the guns. This variant retains the same armor protection of the Ryoken II 2. BV (2.0) = 2,336
 Notable Pilots
- Tassa Kay - The leader of the Steel Wolves who stripped that former Republic of the Sphere faction down to create the Wolf Hunters, Anastasia Kerensky piloted a Ryoken II. Her customized version utilizes twelve tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, the most the design can mount. Two ER PPCs provide long range damage capability, while a pair of ER Medium Lasers and Streak SRM-6s can exploit the holes the PPCs makes in an enemy's armor. Fifteen double heat sinks keeps the 'Mech relatively cool, while jump jets enable her to vault up to 150 meters at a time. The weapons loadout bears a great resemblance to the Warhammer her genetic mother Natasha Kerensky piloted as a member of Wolf's Dragoons. BV (1.0) = 2,871
- ↑ Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 64
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 145
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 272
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Technical Readout: 3075, p. 144
- ↑ Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 65
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 127
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 273
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 128
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 274
- ↑ Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 66