- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Mass||75 tons[[Category:75 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Mark XX Heavy Endo Steel|
|Armor||Beta Compound (Standard)|
|Speed||65 km/h (86 km/h with MASC)|
|Jump Jets||BMP Series XV|
Its introduction so long after the end of the Clan Invasion was due to Khan Vlad Ward's decision to avoid risking Clan standard factories within raiding distance of the Successor States, a choice that put the Wolves at a disadvantage after being cut-off from the Clan Homeworlds. With losses mounting during the Word of Blake's Jihad, rather than a costly and complex OmniMech, Wolf technicians focused on producing a standard generalist design that could be readily manufactured and fill as many roles within their depleted touman as possible. First proving its worth during Delta Galaxy's service with Devlin Stone's Coalition against the Blakists, the Tundra Wolf continued to play an increasingly important role with the Wolves forces into the Republic era.
While somewhat slow for a Clan-made 75-ton 'Mech, the Tundra Wolf made up for that with MASC that allowed it to sprint in bursts and jump jets, enabling it to leap up to 120 meters at a time. It was well-protected however, mounting fourteen and a half tons of armor with an ECM Suite providing additional protection from enemy electronics.
Weapons and Equipment
The Tundra Wolf carries missile weapons capable of delivering their payloads at all ranges, including a Series 1 ATM 9, a Type XX "Long Bow" LRM-20, and a Smartshot MkV Streak SRM-4. At long range, it can add a Series 7K ER Large Laser, while its Series 2b ER Medium Laser is effective closer in. The variety of ranges and firepower on the Tundra Wolf allow it to be useful in many combat situations. A bevy of ammunition keeps the 'Mech well-supplied in all but the longest engagements. Seventeen double heat sinks keep the design cool in all but the most taxing of situations.
- Tundra Wolf 2
- This variant removed a half ton of armor and all of the equipment and weapons except the large laser. In place of the standard weapons payload it carried an ER PPC, six ER Medium Lasers and an LRM-15. All of the energy weapons are guided by a Targeting Computer. Two additional heat sinks can quickly become overwhelmed. BV (1.0) = 3,128, BV (2.0) = 3,421, 3,626
- Tundra Wolf 3
- The second variant removed an additional three tons of armor and two of the medium lasers from the first variant. An additional ER PPC was added, though this necessitated the removal of the Targeting Computer and the Streak SRM-4 of the base design. BV (1.0) = 2,912, BV (2.0) = 3,092, 3,292
- Tundra Wolf 4
- The fourth, and most popular with Wolf warriors developed in 3077 model was a heat-friendly brawler prepared for any battlefield contingency. This variant retained the left-arm mounted ATM-9 of the original, mounting a Delta Series Large Pulse Laser in each torso supported by a pair of Series 2b ER Medium Lasers and two Tau-II Anti-Personnel Gauss Rifles in its right arm. Three tons of ATM reloads and one of Gauss reloads give the Tundra Wolf 4 impressive endurance.  BV (2.0) = 2,873
- Tundra Wolf 5
- This variant was introduced in 3086 during the Dark Age era. It uses an XL engine to reach a top speed of 54 km/h. It carries an ER Large Laser, two Gauss Rifles, four ER Small Lasers, and an LRM-10 and SRM-4 into combat. BV (2.0) = 2,645 (Note: This appears to be the same as the Dark Age variant listed below.)
MechWarrior Dark Age Variants
- A slower, more heavily armed, version that saw service in the Dark Age era replaced the power plant with a 225 Consolidated XL, lowering its speed to 54 km/h. The weapons layout consisted of the following: one LRM-10, one ER Large Laser, one SRM-4, four ER Small Lasers, and either two Ultra AC/10s or Gauss Rifles.
- Lady Paladin Janella Lakewood was a Paladin who pilots her red and gold Tundra Wolf named "Andrea."
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, pp. 114-115, "Tundra Wolf"
- MUL online entry for the Tundra Wolf
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 67
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 68
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 128, "Tundra Wolf 2 Records Sheet"
- MUL online entry for the Tundra Wolf 2 variant
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 69
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 129, "Tundra Wolf 3 Records Sheet"
- MUL online entry for the Tundra Wolf 3 variant
- MUL online entry for the Tundra Wolf 4 variant
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 169-170, "Tundra Wolf 4"
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 92
- MUL online entry for the Tundra Wolf 5 variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 163
- Ghost War, pp. 282-283
- Ghost War, p. 118
- Ghost War (Novel)
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- MWDA Steel Wolves' dossier of Kriya Wolf
- MWDA Republic of the Sphere's dossier of Janella Lakewood
- MWDA Ronin (Mercenary Unit)'s dossier of Tina Matsu-Hrung
- MWDA Dragon's Fury's dossier of M. D. Tompkins
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3085