Clan Battle Armor
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Clan Battle Armor|
|Manufacturer||Barcella Battle Armor Facility |
Clan Diamond Shark IndustriPlex-C
|Top Speed||12 km/h|
Following their Abjuration from the Clan homeworlds, Clan Nova Cat needed to rebuild. In so doing, Khan Santin West directed his scientist caste to create a new battle armor that could stand up to the newer designs coming out of Clan space. Based on the Elemental suit, the result was the Clan Battle Armor, whose visual aesthetic shows that the Clan's contact with the Draconis Combine was already rubbing off on them. Though the design has a slow ground speed, the designers used the jump booster pioneered on the Gray Death Scout armor to rocket it up to one hundred twenty meters at a time. This necessitated a slight reduction in armor and a reworking of the weaponry. Clan Elementals have nicknamed these battle armor Rabids.
Weapons and Equipment
Instead of the modular weapon ports of the Elemental Battle Armor, Clan Battle Armor mounts a fixed Flamer. Similarly, the SRM-2 pod is no longer detachable, though the new model uses a pair of One-Shot SRM-2 launchers. Interestingly, Clan Battle Armor also incorporates a standard searchlight that can be useful in and out of combat, though the design lacks an anti-personnel weapon. Like all Clan battle armor, Clan Battle Armor employs HarJel. The use of Basic Manipulators allow it to ride OmniMechs and also to make anti-'Mech attacks.
Battle Armor Gallery
MechWarrior: Dark Age version of the Clan Battle Armor
- Combat Equipment, p. 32
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 121
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 120
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 120-121
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 238
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 235
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 125