|Manufacturer||Clan Hell's Horses |
|Top Speed||10 km/h|
The Gnome battle armor was created by Clan Hell's Horses in response to Inner Sphere responses to the ubiquitous Elemental battle armor. Horses scientists fell back on the Rhino, a design that never made it out of the prototype stage, and ended up creating a battle armor that has often been compared with the Kanazuchi. Finally, debuting in 3056 the Gnome is in many ways a slower, heavier version of the Elemental suit. It can only jump up to sixty meters at a time, but it has forty percent more armor coverage. The Gnome features a heavy battle claw, though its size precludes it from being able to engage in anti-'Mech attacks. It may still ride OmniMechs into combat, however. Notably in 3061 Hells Horses Khan Malavail Fletcher used the Gnome battle armor to fight against Ghost Bear troops.
Unlike the Elemental armor, the Gnome's armament is fixed. It uses an ER Small Laser that never runs out of ammunition, allowing the Gnome to take on extended missions. For additional punch, it also mounts a fixed SRM-2 launcher with a single reload that mimics the Streak system.
- Upgrade - Apparently designed specifically to combat the Golem, this upgrade replaces the laser with a pair of "Bearhunter" Autocannons. They have a greatly reduced range profile, but, combined, can deal slightly more damage. The weight saved was used to upgrade the missile launcher to a version that is detachable, allowing the pilot to jettison the launcher when its ammunition is exhausted. BV (1.0) = 57, BV (2.0) = 68
- Recoilless Rifle - This Jihad era upgrade to the Gnome is equipped with the Advanced SRM 2, a Heavy Battle Claw, a One-Shot LRM-2, and a Medium Recoilless Rifle. BV (2.0) = 78
- Pulse Laser - Based on the standard Upgraded Gnome, this version replaces the Bearhunter Autocannon with a pair of Micro Pulse Lasers. BV (2.0) = 78
- LRM - Developed from a field refit, this variant carries a 4 tube LRM supported by an AP Gauss Rifle. BV (2.0) = 87
- ↑ Technical Readout 3058 Upgrade p.51
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 89
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 50-51, "Gnome Battle Armor Profile"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Field Manual: Crusader Clans, pp. 181-183
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 90
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 91
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 92
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 132