|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||10 km/h|
|Armor Type||Improved Stealth|
The Hauberk is battle armor that was designed by some of the members of the New Avalon Cavaliers at the New Avalon Institute of Science. They wanted to take the basic idea of the Undine and make it more broadly useful. During the Jihad, the Federated Suns finally got their hands on the Undine through Clan Diamond Shark. Though they had initially planned on simply deploying the Clan suits, it quickly became clear that the Undine's aquatic nature made it of limited usefulness, even as its technological sophistication prevented easy repair. For this reason, the Hauberk was created from the Undine chassis, leading to the similar appearances of the designs.
The Hauberk mounts improved stealth armor to keep from being targeted effectively. The size of the battlesuit precludes its ability to be transported on OmniMechs or perform anti-'Mech operations, though it does mount a battle claw. Its slow speed generally limits its use to defensive operations, though it has been known to travel by armored personnel carrier.
The largest gun on the Hauberk is its LRM-5 that only comes with five reloads. Squads often pop up in ambush thanks to the Hauberk's stealth armor, firing the missiles into a BattleMech's rear armor. For close range combat, it carries a Small Laser. It excels when it can soften up enemies from long range, then finish them off up close.
- Hauberk II - This variant was created specifically for the urban combat in Avalon City during the Jihad. It removes the weapons and replaces them with a Small Pulse Laser and two Magshot Gauss Rifles. BV (2.0) = 63
- Hauberk U15 - Developed by a Tech Sergeant at a repair depot during the Jihad, the Hauberk U15 uses three Detachable Weapon Mounts to carry several Clan made weapons. The left arm mount has an ER Small Laser while the right arm mount carries a Micro Pulse Laser. A Clan SRM-2 with four reloads is carried on the body, and a Magshot Gauss Rifle is mounted over the right shoulder on the last Detachable Weapon Mount. There was still enough room for a Clan-made ECM Suite. Mimetic Armor from a ruined Purifier suits provides its protection. BV (2.0) = 93
- Hauberk Commando - An urban-fighting version of the Hauberk armor, the Hauberk Commando was designed to capitalize on the lessons learned from the Hauberk U15. The Commando version carries a Detachable Weapon Mount in each arm and on the body. The arms each carry a standard ER Small Laser while a Magshot pokes over the shoulder. A single one-shot SRM-2 provides a nasty surprise for any unit that gets too close. Finally, Mimetic armor allows the Commando to fade from view and set up ambushes in close terrain, be it cities or dense forest. BV (2.0) = 74
 Design Quirks
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Combat Equipment, pg. 40
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, pg. 37
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 68
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, pg. 36
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 36-37
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 69
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Davion, p. 16
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 15
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I
- Tamara's Rangers dossier
- Record Sheets: 3075