Black Widow Company
|Black Widow Company|
|Unit Profile (as of 3072)|
|CO||Captain Stacy Church|
Although composed mostly of misfits and troublemakers, the Black Widow Company was a dangerous elite fighting unit with a reputation for brilliant tactics and a boldness bordering on folly. Renowned for their skill as MechWarriors, Natasha Kerensky and her unit were also known and feared for cruelty, deceitfulness and generally dishonorable behavior, attributes that set them apart from the rest of the highly esteemed Wolf's Dragoons.
It is believed that the unit may have been named by Natasha Kerensky in reference to the extinct Clan Widowmaker.
 Early Days
Following the devastating losses that Wolf's Dragoons suffered during the Battle of Misery against House Kurita and in the following Fourth Succession War, the Black Widow Company was the first unit available for hire again and signed a contract on November 7, 3031. On December 16 of that year it was publicly announced that Natasha Kerensky had been promoted to Colonel, and that the unit had been upgraded to battalion strength. It was subsequently known as the Black Widow Battalion.
They were recalled to the Dragoon home world of Outreach in 3035 and ordered to provide training for other Dragoon units for the following seven years. It is believed that during this time, the unit was restructured following Clan doctrine: Each company comprised of 15 BattleMechs (instead of 12 as per Inner Sphere standard), known among the Clans as a Trinary.
When the Clan invasion begun in 3049, Natasha Kerensky left Wolf's Dragoons and resumed her place among her fellow trueborn Clan warriors, eventually attaining the rank of Khan of Clan Wolf. The original Black Widow Battalion was disbanded after she left the unit, and a new unit called the Wolf Spider Battalion was formed within Wolf's Dragoons in their place.
- As of 3015 to 3049 the Commanding Officer was Captain Natasha Kerensky.
- As of 3050 to 3054 the Commanding Officer was Colonel Mackenzie Wolf.
- As of 3054 to 3067 the Commanding Officer was Major John Clavell.
- As of 3072 to ???? the Commanding Officer is Captain Stacy Church.
 Compostion History
 3015 Composition
The Black Widow Company that fought against Anton Marik on New Delos was composed as follows:
- Command Lance: Warhammer (Natasha Kerensky), Marauder (Colin Maclaren), Crusader (Lynn Sheridan)
- Combat Lance: Archer (Takiro Ikeda), Shadow Hawk (Andrews), Wasp (Nikolai Koniev), Thunderbolt (Harlow)
- Scout Lance: Phoenix Hawk (Piet Nichols), Stinger (Tommersom), Locust (Williams)
 3025 Composition
During a battle against Davion troops on New Aberdeen that must have occurred between 3023 and 3028, the unit was encountered in the following composition:
- Command Lance: Warhammer (Cpt. Natasha Kerensky), Marauder (Maclaren), Crusader (Sheridan), Griffin (John Hayes)
- Fire Lance: Archer (Lt. Ikeda), Archer (Miklos Delius), Wasp (Koniev), Stinger (Alex Ward)
- Recon Lance: Rifleman (Lt. John "Gentleman Johnny" Clavell), Phoenix Hawk (Nichols), Stinger (Simon Fraser), Stinger (Mohammar Jahan)
- Command Lance: Warhammer (Col. Natasha Kerensky) Shogun (Captain Takiro Ikeda) Crusader (Lynn Sheridan ) Griffin (John Hayes)
- First Battlemech Company (Wolf Spiders)
- First Lance: Firefly (Captain John "Gentleman Johnny" Clavell) Stinger (Sergeant Simon Fraser) Stinger (Mohammer Jahan) Vulcan (Bradley Turlow)
- Second Lance: Hornet (Lieutenant Piet Nichols) Marauder II (Steven Fujimi) Annihilator (Jorge Muller) Flea (Ulzanna Whitehead)
- Third Lance: Imp (Lieutenant James Riker) Warhammer (Sergeant Paul Sayers) Shogun (Wilson Smullen) Ostroc (Ted Heyden)
- Second Battlemech Company (Tarantulas)
- First Lance: Enforcer (Captain MacKenzie Wolf) Hermes II (Lillith Lang) Rifleman (Trel Morkai) Crusader (John Castle)
- Second Lance: Marauder (Lieutenant Leslie Kawalli) Whitworth (Sergeant Mikos Delius) Firefly (Nikolai Konief) Shadow Hawk (Delmar Lindstrom)
- Third Lance: Griffin (Lieutenant Norah Jane Stokes) Falcon (Maurice Frenn) Charger (Timothy Storrs) Wolverine (Kathy Keegan)
- Aerospace Company
- Third Team, Seventh Kommando
 3056 Wolf Spider Battalion Composition
The successor unit of the original Black Widow Company within Wolf's Dragoons is commanded by Major John Clavell.
- Command Star (5 OmniMechs)
- Wolf Striker Cluster
- Support Unit: Overlord-class DropShip "Widow's Regards"
- Command Lance
- Fire Lance
- Recon Lance
 Other references
- Parodied in Critter-TEK as the "Black Hippo Company" under Captain Natasha Immenski. According to the description, "Her tactical daring-do, silly clothes, and total confidence in the scriptwriter have led to a winning streak unsurpassed since the days of the Big League. In fact, most of the rest of Wolff's Baboons seem to exist purely to soak up damage while the Black Hippos win the battle" and all of the other Baboon battalions "stand around looking good while the feared and respected Black Hippo Company mops the floor with the enemy".
 3072 Company Members
Lieutenant Jacob Kincaid
MechWarrior Calvin Magdaleno
Lieutenant Eirene Rondema
MechWarrior Orrin Fletcher
MechWarrior Michael Ramirez
MechWarrior Max Henricksen
Lieutenant Wyatt Rolfe
MechWarrior Neil Gibson
MechWarrior Halle Yost
MechWarrior Russel Madison
- ↑ More Tales of the Black Widow, p. 11, "Black Widow Battlion, 3031"
- ↑ Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 14, "Unit Composition"