Her status as a clone was unknown even to herself and Jaime Wolf, and was known to only a select few Dragoon scientists and later to Brian Cameron. After completing her training, she was initially assigned to Jaime Wolf's Bodyguard Lance and saw action on Morges in 3053. Later, having reached the rank of Captain, she was assigned a command in the Wolf Spider Battalion.
Dragoon Civil War
During the Dragoon Civil War in 3054, Maeve was acting commander of the Wolf Spider Battalion, as Major John Clavell was wounded at the time. She joined the war on the side of Colonel Jaime Wolf, and played a major role when she defeated the upstart Alpin Wolf in single combat. Following the war, she won a Trial of Position unopposed, earning the name 'Wolf' and taking the new position of 'General' within Wolf's Dragoons, second in command only to (now Commander) Jaime Wolf. She assisted in the reorganization of the unit, and served in that capacity for many years.
Word of Blake Jihad
General Maeve Wolf was one of the many high-ranking attendees of the Arc-Royal Summit in January 3073, caught in the explosion when the suicide bomb secretly grafted to Fritz Donner was triggered. Surviving the blast but suffering horrific injuries, a barely-conscious Maeve Wolf was evacuated by paramedics before ultimately succumbing to her wounds.
- As her status as a clone was unknown, her surname 'Wolf' was an Honorname.
- Despite her gender, she bears a clear resemblance to Jaime Wolf.
- She had a relationship with Brian Cameron.
- For most of her early career, she piloted a Thunderbolt BattleMech, a variant modified with jump jets and Clan technology.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, pp. 36-37 "Around the Sphere - The Lyran Alliance - Bombings and Barbarism"
- Wolf Pack, pp. 416-418
- Wolf Pack, p. 76
- Wolf Pack, pp. 82-83
- Wolf Pack, p. 124
- Wolf Pack, p. 302
- Wolf Pack, p. 318
- Wolf Pack, pp. 374-378
- Wolf Pack, p. 415
- Wolf Pack, p. 419
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 116, "Broken Hope, Shattered Dreams"
- Wolf Pack, pp. 418-420
- Wolf Pack, p. 408
- Wolf Pack, pp. 330-333
- Wolf Pack, p. 376
- Wolf Pack, p. 375