4th Free Worlds Guards
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|4th Free Worlds Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3032)|
|Parent Formation||Free Worlds Guards|
Among the six Guards regiments active immediately prior to the First Succession War, along with the 5th and the 6th, the Fourth was among those that fell during the ceaseless centuries of fighting during the Succession Wars. Unlike some FWLM brigades, in an effort to maintain a strong sense of tradition the Free Worlds Guards rebuild their units rather than create new ones, with the Fourth being rebuilt on Oriente in the early 3030s around veterans of the League's battles against the Tikonov Free Republic during the Fourth Succession War  
In 3032 during the midst of the Andurien Secession, hawkish members of the Parliament who had felt Captain-General Janos Marik had not done enough during the Fourth War pressured his regent Thomas Marik to take some proactive action against the Steiner-Davion alliance. Unwilling to commit the untested 4th in subduing the Anduriens, Thomas attempted to both appease the hawks in parilament and give the unbloodied unit a chance to prove itself, allowing the Fourth's commanding officer Colonel Veena Ligacescu to launch an attack against the Sarna March world of Tsinghai in February. With intelligence indicating only minimal resistance, success seemed a foregone conclusion.   
Much to the new Fourth's shock, the planet was defended by the also newly reformed Black Widow Battalion. Natasha Kerensky led the sub-unit of the Wolf's Dragoons and effortlessly proved their elite status by shattering the Fourth so badly that the survivors chose to defect to Federated Commonwealth rather than return home to the League. As they feared, Captain-General Janos Marik was enraged by this betrayal, and the disgraced Fourth Free Worlds Guards were permanently disbanded and struck from the rolls of the FWLM.  
- Colonel Veena Ligacescu
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 43, "Free Worlds Guards Profile"
- More Tales of the Black Widow, p. 7
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 86 "Deployment Tables: Andurien Wars - Phase One: 3030-3034"
- Historical: Brush Wars, pp. 62-63 "The Andurien Wars - Phase 1: The Invasion of the Capellan Confederation - 3032: Counterblows - Tsinghai (February)"