(References to Oriente)
Oriente neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||179 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Nadir, Zenith (3076)|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Planetary flag of Oriente
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Coruna, Escorial)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||45°C (Tropical)|
|Highest native life||Mammal (20%)|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3076|
|Ruler||Grand Duke Christopher Halas (3025-3076)|
|Population|| 3,972,000,000 (3025)|
|Socio-Industrial Levels||A-A-B-A-B (3067-3076)|
|HPG (Representative)||A (Precentor Alexandra Oberon (3025))|
 Owner History
- 2270 - Federation of Oriente 
- 2271 - Free Worlds League 
- 2596 - Free Worlds League 
- 2750 - Free Worlds League 
- 2765 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3079 - Duchy of Oriente 
- 3081 - Duchy of Oriente 
- 3130 - Oriente Protectorate 
 Planetary History
 Age of War
In the 2470s paranoia was growing within the Free Worlds League that the Terran Hegemony was seeking to reestablish Terran rule over the Inner Sphere; this led Captain-General Simone Marik to attempt negotiations with Chancellor Jasmine Liao of the Capellan Confederation over a possible joint invasion of the Hegemony. The negotiations fell apart in 2475, by which point a substantial League black water navy task force augmented by conventional troops and several BattleMech regiments had been assembled in the Oriente system ready for a campaign against the Confederation.
Before the task force could be used, Parliament removed Simone Marik from the office of Captain-General, leading to her replacement with Carlos Marik, an individual who combined great patriotism for the Free Worlds League, sociopathic fear of Terran motives and a degree of mental instability. Under Carlos' orders The task force in the Oriente system found itself preparing for a strike against the Hegemony in general and Terra in particular using tactics that would breach the Ares Conventions.
A highly-placed aide within the Free Worlds League leaked information about the task force and the planned attack to a Terran Hegemony spy, and the Hegemony responded by using the turbulence within the League Parliament to launch their own naval strike; the Hegemony naval forces attacked the League task force while it was at anchor in the Oriente system, crushing a significant part of the Free Worlds League Navy. As knowledge of the scale of the debacle spread across the League Carlos Marik was ousted by Parliament and the Marik family in a bloodless coup and replaced as Captain-General by his younger brother Brion Marik; Carlos swore vengeance and fled to the Magistracy of Canopus in the last ship to remain loyal to him, and was never seen again.
 Reunification War
During the Reunification War Oriente was one of several worlds within the Free Worlds League that prisoners captured during the war between the Star League and the Magistracy of Canopus where prisoners were interned. On Oriente these prisoners included twenty five Canopians captured during the highly successful raid on Meadowvale by mercenary units employed by the Magistracy Armed Forces. While troublesome prisoners were interned in prisons, the majority of the internment facilities resembled military barracks, and with the Canopians lacking any of the paperwork or identification required for interstellar travel conditions were rather relaxed. While prisoner rosters were taken and checked, the Canopians were given access to sports, leisure and education facilities, as well as a small stipend. Many of the MAF officers actually found themselves being invited by the local military and nobility to soirees and events where the Canopians were the guest of honor. This was tacitly - or possibly actively - encouraged by Captain-General Marion Marik as both a demonstration to the Canopians of the benefits of life available under the Star League and as a reminder to First Lord Ian Cameron of the benefits of applying a carrot to the Periphery nations, rather than a stick. Many of the Canopian prisoners who returned to the Magistracy after the war became active and vocal supporters of integration with the Star League as a result of their humane treatment during the war.
In early March 3071 Prince Kirc Cameron-Jones of Regulus ordered Regulan forces to attack Oriente, in a bid to kill or destroy both the false Thomas Marik and Duke Christopher Halas. The attack group dispatched to attack Oriente was defeated in the Oriente system on the 11th of April; the heavy AeroSpace and naval resistance offered by the Oriente forces, centered around the Thera-class fighter carrier the FWLS Santorini, was able to prevent the Regulan forces from achieving their goal.
The Santorini would be crippled later in the Jihad, when naval forces from the Word of Blake used the Zechetinu-class FWLS Acari as a Trojan horse, allowing them to raid the Oriente system and strike at the Santorini directly on the 12th of March 3079.
 Post-Jihad Era
The Etna Foundries battle armor plant on Oriente was finally able to begin producing suits again in 3081; only a small plant to begin with, the plant suffered sabotage at the hands of Blakist operatives who managed to render enough of the tooling at the plant unuseable to prevent production for years. While Etna Foundries began producing again, Oriente Weapon Works discontinued it's RetroTech production by 3081, following an exclusive trade agreement that granted all of the output of the Emris IV plant within the Protectorate to the Oriente armed forces.
 Garrisoning Military Force
 3054 to 3059
 3054 to 3059 to 3067
 3067 to 3079
 Manufacturing Centers
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ Die Albatros-Akte, p. 155
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 78, "FWL Key Worlds"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 158, "Planet Guide"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Handbook: House Marik, p. 64, "Planet Profile"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Handbook: House Marik, p. 13, "Free Worlds League founding "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Field Manual: Updates, p. 160, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Report: FWLM, p. 17, "FWLM Deployment Map "
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 17, "The Free Worlds and Terra"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 99, "Honors of War"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 99, "Meadowvale (January 2578)"
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 15, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 69, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 93, "Duchy of Oriente"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 70, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- ↑ Objective Raids, p. 133, "Unit Note"
- ↑ Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 113, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ Objective Raids, p. 38, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 114, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 161, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Field Report: FWLM, p. 10, "Duchy of Oriente"
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: FWLM
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids