- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Mass||45 tons[[Category:45 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Chariot Type II-B|
|Communications System||Neil 6000-g|
|Targeting Tracking System||RCA Instatrac Mark XXII|
|Heat Sinks||15 Double heat sinks|
The Eisenfaust was originally designed shortly after the Lyran Commonwealth began building 'Mechs. Based on their experience with the Commando and Ymir, the LCAF tried to build a medium class "siege engine" 'Mech. Though the trials looked promising, the battlefield performance of the early Eisenfaust was poor and the design was cancelled.
After the recovery of lostech and advanced SLDF technologies, Defiance Industries looked at the early Eisenfaust design again. The updated Eisenfaust entered production after simulations showed it could be an effective battlefield unit if equipped with updated technologies. In fact the Eisenfaust was one of the first designs to enter production after the start of the Jihad.
The updated Eisenfaust uses an XL Engine to provide power. The small weight of the engine allows the 'Mech to carry more armor and weaponry than the prototype models, as well as increasing the top speed. More importantly, the use of fifteen double heat sinks allows the Eisenfaust to dissipate the heat from all its weapons.
Weapons and Equipment
The Eisenfaust uses a single Plasma Rifle as its main weapon. Equipped with two tons of ammunition the rifle can inflict serious damage on any battlefield unit and can obliterate conventional infantry platoons. The Eisenfaust's slow top speed makes it difficult for the 'Mech to break contact and reload its Plasma Rifle magazine. Therefore Defiance engineers installed a suite of lasers to provide the backup weapons the 'Mech needs to deal with determined opponents. The lasers obviously don't require ammunition, and the Medium Pulse Lasers are effective at targeting battle armor and other "small" threats. The ER Large Laser supports the Plasma Rifle at range, allowing the pilot to save the Plasma Rifle for a knock-out punch.
- The result of a 2471 working group, this Eisenfaust model was intended to carry the Autocannon/10 into a siege or defensive engagement. This simple design mandate was quickly warped into an entirely different machine. For close work the machine carried two Medium Lasers while a Large Laser provided long range and ammunition free firepower. The Coventry Defense Conglomerate was unable to overcome the inherent limitations of Primitive Technology however, resulting in a thinly armored and clumsy 'Mech that could only reach a top speed of 32km/h. The single ton of ammunition provided to the Eisenfausts main weapon didn't help. The CDC only produced one prototype unit for the LCAF. BV (2.0) = 775
- This variant is a test-bed for some experimental weapons in 3080. Removing the standard weapons load of the Eisenfaust allows engineers to install a Binary Laser Cannon and some Medium Variable Speed Pulse Lasers. As this is an experimental model, no other details are known. BV (2.0) = 1,039
The Eisenfaust was released by Defiance Industries in 2515. However, the 'Mech factories that would become Defiance Industries were founded in 2577 by the Lyran Commonwealth and the Star League, though some 'Mech factories have been on Hesperus II prior the Star League. Those factories were the property of the Terran Hegemony rather than the Lyran Commonwealth.
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 74-75, "EFT-7X Eisenfaust"
- MUL online data for the Eisenfaust
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 54
- MUL online data for the Eisenfaust EFT-2 variant
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 4, "EFT-2 Eisenfaust"
- MUL online data for the Eisenfaust EFT-4J variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 110
- MUL online data for the Eisenfaust EFT-8X variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 112