- This article is about the BattleMech. For the battle armor, see Nighthawk.
|Manufacturer||Mountain Wolf BattleMechs|
|Chassis||Telestar Model 6LQ|
|Engine||GM 210 XL|
|Communications System||TharHes Kr-A P/comm|
|Targeting Tracking System||RCA Instatrac Mk X|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
The Night Hawk was designed as a fast reaction BattleMech for hunting down Periphery raiders that had managed to penetrate the front lines. Mountain Wolf BattleMechs submitted their proposal for the Night Hawk, their first BattleMech, to the Star League Defense Force in 2655, and after many months of trials, the 'Mech was put into full production in 2656. Production continued for almost three hundred years until 2945, when the factory producing the Night Hawk was destroyed and did not see production again until 3055.
Weapons and Equipment
The Night Hawk is an impressive light 'Mech on the modern battlefield with a top speed of 97.2 km/h that is provided by a GM 210 XL engine. For protection from enemy fire, the Night Hawk has seven tons of ProtecTech Light armor which can defend it from fire from most other light 'Mechs. Finally, to dissipate the vast amount of heat from its all energy weapons arsenal, the Night Hawk uses twelve double heat sinks.
The Night Hawk carries an all energy weapons arsenal to allow it to operate in independent, long-term operations. The primary long range weapon on the Night Hawk is a Maxwell ER Large Laser that is backed up by a Defiance B3L Large Laser. Finally, for close range combat, the Night Hawk has a Defiance P5M Medium Pulse Laser.
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 204-205, "Night Hawk Profile"
- according to Technical Readout: 3058, p. 100,"The SLDF's initial order for the Night Hawk was in 2566, probably a simple typo given the SLDF did not exist until 2571"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 160
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 225
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 100, "Night Hawk"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 161
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 226