- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Snow Raven Industrial Complex Alpha|
|Mass||85 tons[[Category:85 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||CSR Version 84.62 Standard|
|Engine||Type 255 Extra-Light|
|Communications System||TDWS-37 Mk. 2.2|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hermes CT-44|
|Heat Sinks||18 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Andoran Model JJ III|
The Omen is a Clan Assault BattleMech that was created by Clan Snow Raven in the post-Jihad era. The design first began production in 3087, and saw deployment by 3088. The Omen was conceived as a means to bolster the Clan's touman, which was depleted of BattleMech ranks among its secondline combat units. The 'Mech saw production at the Clan's controlled world of Dante, where it could keep Clan technology from falling to its less trusted Outworlds Alliance compatriots.
Designed as an all-purpose combat unit, the Omen is considered to be slower than the typical late thirty-first century Clan Assault BattleMech. However, its well-rounded weaponry and its 16.5 tons of Standard Armor allows it to be durable in combat. Also to help with its lack of speed, the Omen has been given three Jump Jets, which allow the 'Mech to tactically position itself up to 90 meters in the air and effectively use its weapons.
Weapons and Equipment
The 'Mech's main ranged weaponry includes a side torso mounted 12-tubed Advanced Tactical Missile Launcher with a 3 tons of ammunition. Also included in its long-range arsenal is a single Class 10 LB X Autocannon, found it the 'Mechs' right arm actuator. The Autocannon is allotted up to 3 tons of ammunition, which gives flexibility of type weapons loads the MechWarrior wishes to carry. For its intermediate and close ranges, the 'Mech has been fitted with a single Large Pulse Laser and pair Medium Pulse and Extended Range Lasers. A head mounted Anti-Missile System provide some protective fire from inbound missiles. A MechWarrior must be cautious with weapons and equipment heat load, due to the Omen only being fitted with 18 Double Heat Sinks to handle the heatload.
- Omen 2
- This variant of the Omen was introduced during the Dark Age in 3141. It carries the LB 10-X and AMS of the original design, but only carries one Medium Pulse Laser and one ER Medium Laser. The ATM-12 has been downrated to an ATM-9 with two tons of ammunition, and three heat sinks were removed. With the weight saved by removing these weapons and equipment, engineers added a HarJel III system to each torso. BV (2.0) = 2,380
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, pp. 52-53, "Omen"
- MUL online entry for the Omen
- MUL online entry for the Omen 2 variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 172