- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Type||Equipment (Point-Blank Weapon)|
|Year Availability|| Clan = 2831
IS = 3040
|Year Introduced||Clan = 2831 CBS|
|Year Extinction||IS = 2796|
|Year Reintroduced||IS = 3040 FC|
|Damage||Special Weapon Rules (Consult Total Warfare p. 129)|
|Short Range||Special Weapon Rules (Consult Total Warfare p. 129)|
|Ammo Per Ton|| Clan = 24
IS = 12
|BV (1.0)|| Clan = 63
IS = 32
|Ammo BV (1.0)|| Clan = 21
IS = 11
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 32
IS = 32
|Ammo BV (2.0)|| Clan = 22
IS = 11
Introduced in 2617 by the Terran Hegemony, the anti-missile system is used to destroy missiles before they strike their target. This is accomplished by using a short ranged rapid firing weapon which shoots at the missiles. Because missiles in BattleTech are usually fired in salvos of up to forty at a time, anti-missile systems are rarely capable of destroying them all. Due to the loss of knowledge caused by the Succession Wars, anti-missile systems ceased to be produced by 2796. Only in 3040 did the Federated Commonwealth rediscover the means to produce this equipment. For the Clans, however, AMS never became LosTech, and by the time of the invasion, the Clans had improved on the Star League version by replacing the solid slugs with flechettes, allowing for more ammunition per ton.
Laser versions of the anti-missile system exist, and benefit from having no ammunition requirement unlike regular systems. However they produce heat as a side effect of their use.
The Anti-Missile System is manufactured on the following planets:
- TechManual, p. 204, "Anti-Missile System"