|Manufacturer||Defiance Industries of Hesperus II|
|Armor||Paulina Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||GM 150 XL|
|Jump Jets||Luxor 2/Q|
The Battle Hawk was originally designed and built at a time when Defiance Industries felt threatened by the large amount of equipment being produced by, and imported from, the Free Worlds League. It was built to prove that Defiance Industries was still an industry leader in BattleMechs. This came from a 'Mech that, while slow for its weight class, is a force to be reckoned with on the modern battlefield. The Battle Hawk has a top speed of 86.4 kph, which puts it on par with 'Mechs fifteen to twenty tons heavier than itself, but it also carries a powerful arsenal for its size. Its five and a half tons of armor give it good protection for its size. Additionally, to make the Battle Hawk more maneuverable on the battlefield, it can jump up to one hundred and fifty meters.
The Battle Hawk is armed with a powerful short-range arsenal. The primary weaponry is a trio of Defiance P5M Medium Pulse Lasers, which provides the Battle Hawk with a blistering short-range laser arsenal. The 'Mech is also armed with a Hovertec Streak SRM-2 which allows the 'Mech to attempt to seek out weak points in an enemy's armor. The 'Mech is also armed with a McArthur Anti-Missile System which provides the Battle Hawk with a degree of protection from missile attacks.
- BH-K306 - The K306 variant is a modification of the Battle Hawk that looks to make the 'Mech more durable. This is accomplished by removing the XL Engine and replacing it with a Light Fusion Engine, which allows the 'Mech to withstand the destruction of a side torso. Additionally, the Medium Pulse Lasers have been upgraded to ER Medium Lasers and the Streak SRM-2 launcher has been replaced with a Streak SRM-4 launcher. BV (1.0) = 876, BV (2.0) = 926
- ↑ MUL online date for the Battle Hawk
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 131
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridget, p. 16
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridget, p. 17