|Armor||StarGuard 3056 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Core Tek 275 XL|
|Communications System||Marshall 333|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P Scanoptics 400BP|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
The Grim Reaper was a 'Mech designed by ComStar to help replenish the heavy material losses suffered by the Com Guards during the Battle of Tukayyid, with the Word of Blake maintaining production after it captured Terra to help rebuild and expand the Word of Blake Militia. Thus the Grim Reaper is seen in moderate numbers in both secular and fanatical militaries.
Designed to be a generic trooper 'Mech, the Grim Reaper carries a varied and non specialized weapons payload. To make the most of the Grim Reapers chassis, a Core Tek 275 XL Engine is used to propel it up to speeds of 86.4 kph while taking up only eight tons. The 'Mech is also armored with ten and a half tons of StarGuard 3056 Ferro-Fibrous armor, which provides it with slightly less than optimal armor protection.
The Grim Reaper is a 'Mech that is built to handle many combat roles and its weapons mix reflects this. The 'Mech carries a Holly LRM-20 to be able to provide long range fire support. The 'Mech also has a Blankenburg ER Large Laser for long range direct fire. For close range support, the 'Mech is armed with a Blankenburg Medium Pulse Laser which is backed up with a Holly SRM-6 launcher. Finally, the 'Mech carries a McArthur II Anti-Missile System for added protection against missile attacks.
- GRM-R-PR30 - The first of two variants developed by Vicore Industries for the Word of Blake, the PR30 Grim Reaper modifies the 'Mech to have a little more direct fire capability. The 'Mech carries an ER PPC as its primary weapon. This is supported by an LRM-15 launcher with an Artemis IV Fire Control System. The 'Mech has also had the Medium Pulse Laser replaced with an ER Medium Laser and the Anti-Missile System has been removed to allow a C3 Slave Unit to be added to the 'Mech. BV (1.0) = 1,250, BV (2.0) = 1,673
- GRM-R-PR31 - A modification that focuses on long range combat and overall speed, the PR31 variant of the Grim Reaper carries an ER PPC as its primary weapon. It also carries an LRM-20 launcher with an Artemis IV fire control system, making the PR31 an extremely powerful bombardment 'Mech. The 'Mech also carries an ER Medium Laser and an ER Small Laser for close combat along with a C3 Slave to allow it to share targeting data. Finally, the PR31 is outfitted with Triple Strength Myomer allowing it to reach speeds of 97.2 km/h while the 'Mech is operating in its optimum heat range. BV (1.0) = 1,347, BV (2.0) = 1,655
 Custom Variants
- GRM-R-PR62A Grim Reaper Avitue - The command ‘Mech piloted by Manei Domini Precentor Avitue during her actions on New Avalon during the Blakist Jihad, the stock weapons array is replaced with a MML 9 with two configurable ammo bins, a single ER Medium Laser and a Snub-Nose PPC. While retaining the Anti-Missile System, the weight saved allows the addition of a Targeting Computer and seven Improved Jump Jets. BV (2.0) = 1,542
- Grim Reaper Einar - This custom 'Mech was developed by Com Guard Adept Einar Halldórsson and focuses on survivability. All the standard weaponry has been removed, and in their place are salvaged Clan ER Large Laser, ER Medium Laser and an Artemis IV enhanced LRM-20. The Anti-Missile System has been replaced by a Laser AMS. The Inner Sphere XL engine has been replaced by a Clan-built unit. A Light TAG unit has been installed as well. For increased protection, the Einar uses a Reinforced Structure and replaces the standard SRM-6 with four tons of Modular Armor on the front torsos and right arm. The LRM ammo is protected by a Clan-built CASE II system.
- ↑ MUL online date for the Grim Reaper
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 134
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 66
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 44
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 67
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 68
- ↑ Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon, p. 12
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar, p. 5
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 44-45