- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Hexareme HQ Hovercraft|
|Manufacturer||Michaelson Heavy Industries|
|Mission|| Vehicle Uses:
|Armor||Heavy Ferro-Fibrous with CASE|
|Engine||XL Fusion Engine|
|Speed||110 kph km/h|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unspecified|
The Hexareme HQ Hovercraft is a early thirty-second century super-heavy combat vehicle which first produced for the Republic of the Sphere. The vehicle was original intended to be Main Battle Tank, however due to nature of design's hovercraft qualities, it proved to be impractical. From the drawing boards, the Hexareme became a special operations type vehicle. The vehicle owes its existence to Trireme, where Michaelson Industries gained much success producing the vehicle and avoiding bankruptcy.
Initial testing of the vehicle once it enter the prototype stages showed that it was indeed not suited for traditional ground base operations, but the vehicle excelled on the water. It was a former Blue Water navy officer was part of the testing team for Michaelson Industries who suggested it would be suited for Republic's water operations.
The Hexareme was deployed Republic's SpecOps Commands where the vehicle is used for ship-to-shore assaults. Also it been assigned as well to perform Blue Water type operations such as coastal patrol. It's hovercraft speeds and modest armor allows it keep operate as a tactical mobile headquarters vehicle, keeping field command personnel safe while at sea.
Weapons and Equipment
Powered by a 305-rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine, the Hexareme is able move at respectable speed by land or by sea. It's construction includes floatation hull and 12 tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous Armor. This gives Hexareme near same level armor protection with exception of it's front which has a slightly more armor. Additionally, a Guardian ECM Suite is fitted give added electronic warfare protection.
For it's primary mission, Hexareme if fitted with 3-tons worth of Communication Equipment. The equipment provides tactical data from satellites in orbit as well giving the edge to troops in the field.
It's primary offensive weaponry includes a turreted mounted Snub-Nose Particle Projection Cannon co-axed with a Class 2 LB-X Autocannon with single ton of ammunition feed from the main body. Defensive weaponry is limited to pair of Light Machine Guns and AMS Systems mounted in Sponson Turrets on either side of the vehicle. Ammunition for the autocannon and other ballistic weaponry is protected by CASE in the main body.
The Hexareme is subjected to the following Design Quirk;
As of this writing the Hexareme has no Master Unit List entry as of this time and it's record sheet was only published in XTRO: Republic, Volume 1.
Note: Communication Equipment: Tactical Operations notes that Hexareme's 3 ton Communication Equipment is the lightest tonnage for vehicle to be able to act as a functional Mobile HQ Vehicle. This provides +1 initiative when it can establish link to a generic satellite, however it is not enough to link to a satellite with a satellite imager.
- 'Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, pp. 13, 32 Hexareme HQ Hovercraft - BV2
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, pp. 13, 32 Hexareme HQ Hovercraft - "Background information."
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, pp. 13, 32 Hexareme HQ Hovercraft - "Stats and mechanical make up of the vehicle"
- Tactical operations, pp. 114-115 Satellites/Communications Equipment (Mobile HQs) - "3 ton minimum needed to be functional Mobile HQ but lacks ability to do more.