|Chassis||Defiance Berserker Endo Steel|
|Armor||Durallex Heavy Special|
|Engine||Pitban 400 XL|
|Speed||64.8 km/h (86.4 km/h with MASC)|
The Berserker was designed as a massive close range brawling 'Mech. Because it is designed to engage an enemy at close range, the 'Mech needs to be able to close with its target to bring its incredibly destructive power to bear on an enemy. To do this, the Berserker is propelled to a top speed of 86.4 kph by using a Pitban 400 XL Engine and a MASC system. The Berserker also uses sixteen double heat sinks to handle the heavy heat load produced by its arsenal of high-heat energy weapons. The Berserker is armored with eighteen and a half tons of armor with a Guardian ECM Suite to protect against electronic warfare equipment and is equipped with a MainFire Point Defense Anti-Missile System to provide protection from missile attacks.
The Berserker is armed with a Defiance 1001 ER PPC, which it uses to engage the enemy at long ranges as it closes with its target. As the range gap closes, the 'Mech is able to bring its two Sutel Precision Line Large Pulse Lasers to bear on its target, more than doubling the amount of damage the Berserker can inflict on a target. Finally, as it closes to arm's reach, the Berserker can use its Hatchet to deadly effect. A Flamer is also carried in the head, more for an intimidation effect than any practical combat use, though it is effective against unarmored infantry.
- BRZ-B3 - The B3 variant is a modification of the Berserker that changes the 'Mech from a powerful brawler to a well armed fire support 'Mech. The twin Large Pulse Lasers have been replaced with a pair of LRM-10 launchers which allow the 'Mech to sit at long ranges and bombard the enemy. If a 'Mech closes to short range, the Berserker can act as its own bodyguard by using its Hatchet. BV (1.0) = 1,659, BV (2.0) = 2,020
- BRZ-C3 - An upgrade of the Berserker that makes use of a Light Fusion Engine and a C3 network, the C3 variant removes both of the Large Pulse Lasers and one Double Heat Sink. In their place, six ER Medium Lasers and a C3 Slave unit have been added. The 'Mech removes the MASC system and relies on Triple Strength Myomer. When operating in the proper heat range the 'Mech is able to move at speeds similar to that of the A3 model and can do a dramatically higher amount of damage with its Hatchet. BV (1.0) = 1,722, BV (2.0) = 2,354
Berserker (on the left) attacks Salamander
- ↑ MUL online date for the Berserker
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 81
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 123
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 131
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 237
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 124
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 125