- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Tactical Advantage, LLC|
|Armor||Durallex Super Medium Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||LTV 400 XL|
|Communications System||Garret C22A with Guardian ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Wasat Aggressor Type 12|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double Heat Sinks|
|Speed||86 km/h (97 km/h with TSM)|
Manufactured on Regulus by Tactical Advantage, LLC, the Neanderthal was an attempt to embody the performance of the fearsome Lyran Berserker in a 'Mech twenty tons lighter. The concept went beyond simply echoing the Berserker - Tactical Advantage used a typical Regulan sense of flair in the design, producing a fearsome close-combat machine.
The Neanderthal had a distinctive, blocky silhouette, and its prowess in close-quarters gained the 'Mech a notable - and intimidating - reputation. While the Neanderthal lacked the payload of the heavier Lyran 'Mech, the Neanderthal was capable of operating for longer as it didn't run the risk of the MASC failures that plagued the Berserker. Moving at speeds of up to eighty-six kph under normal conditions thanks to a massive LTV 400 extra-light fusion engine, the decision by Tactical Advantage to use Triple-Strength Myomer in the Neanderthal gave it the ability to reach almost a hundred kph when running hot.
The Garrett C22A communications software installed aboard the Neanderthal was augmented by a Guardian ECM Suite mounted in the center torso, making the Neanderthal a harder target to hit and giving it more time to get up to speed before charging into the fray.
Weapons and Equipment
The Neanderthal mounted a Magna Flarestar Snub-Nose Particle Projection Cannon in the left and right torso, each augmented by a PPC Capacitor that allows the pilot of the 'Mech to temporarily boost the damage inflicted when using the PPCs. TacShot Anti-'Mech Pods are mounted in the head, left and right torsos, and gripped firmly in the right hand is a massive Hatchet.
- An earlier design, the -UG Neanderthal lacked the Snub-Nose PPCs and PPC Capacitors as well as the M-Pods; instead, the -UG mounted a Large Pulse Laser on the left arm and a Large Laser and Small Laser in each of the left and right torsos. Despite the heat output of the various lasers, the -UG mounted only ten double heat sinks. BV (2.0)=1,817
Neanderthal as depicted in Mechwarrior: Age of Destruction
The original description of the Neanderthal was published via INN:
|“||From INN 3135: A near maxed-out ferro-fibrous standard chassis is at the heart of this Neanderthal variation, and triple strength myomer helps it get to the heart of other ’Mechs. DeJesus is known to employ M-pods to great effect.||”|
|— INN 3135|
Editor's Note: This 'Mech is clearly an assault 'Mech based on Wizkids description on their site. However, in the MWDA clix game it is classified as a heavy as they forgot that the Hatchet is considered part of the 'Mechs tonnage. This version of the Neanderthal was apparently armed with a Hatchet, three M-Pods and two PPCs.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 36-37, "NTL-AG Neanderthal"
- online date for the Neanderthal
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 257
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 89, "NTL-UG Neanderthal"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 258
- Wizkids Article