(References to Babylon)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -120.88 Y: 1587.28[e]
Alternative coordinates, X and Y are (light years on XY plane) relative to Strana Mechty at (0, 0)
X: -158 Y: -182
 Planetary Data
- Star Type: G7V "Tigris" (188 houers)
- Position in System: 2 (of 6)
- Time to Jump Point: 6.57 days
- Number of Satellites: 1 (Ur)
- Surface Water: 40%
- Atm. Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Surface Gravity: 1.5 G
- Equatorial Temperature: 35°C
- Continents: Abyssinia, Callandra, Corsen, Solath, Valence
 Notable Species
- Homeworld of the Goliath Scorpion (species)
 Planetary Description
Babylon is one of the five Pentagon Worlds. It was the second established colony by the Star League in Exile. The planet has several large landmasses. It is a dry world, but has considerable mineral wealth. The planet was named for capital of Hammurabi an Akkadian city-state.
The planet's system is rich with resources including a number of neighboring asteroids and planets. One such planet is Babylon VI (also known as Sinclair), which has several moons and a considerable amount of natural resources. The Boone-Shadow asteroid field periodly passes the orbit of the planet and causes meteor strikes on its surface.
 Notable Planetary Locations
- Snaefell Mountains - Large mountain chain which shields a livable area from harsh elements of the Babylon's dry and windy climate. These mountains' shielded area were the first landing sites of SLDF colonist.
 Planetary History
Babylon is a dry world and was initially unpopular with League settlers when they first established their colony in 2786. Early settlers ended up being struck down by what was called the "Babylon Plague", which consisted of pathogens and germs in the atmosphere. Scientist on Babylon's lone moon work four months come up for vaccine for the plague, but thousands would perish before it was administered it to the colonists. When colonists moved to more of the arid lands, they discovered the arachnid Goliath Scorpion (species). The Goliath Scorpions had attacked many of colonists with their deadly poisons when their nests were disturbed.
The League established a Large Naval cache for decommissioned SLDF WarShips, the largest in the Pentagon Worlds.
 Pentagon Civil War
 Operation Klondike
 Recon and Initial Invasion of Babylon System
After years of exile and reformation, Khan Nicholas Kerensky assigned Clan Sea Fox, Clan Ice Hellion, Clan Coyote, and Clan Cloud Cobra to task of liberating Babylon during Operation Klondike in 2821.
Several months before ground invasion of Babylon, the invading Clans dispatched a recon mission (Operation SABER SUN) to the Babylon system. The Clans needed to secure Babylon’s large decommissioned naval vessels in the system. They found that the people collectively known as the spacefarers were inhabiting both of system's jump points and operating mining colony on resource world of Babylon VI which also was known as Sheridan. The Clans were able to slip advance parties into the system and board some of the system’s decommissioned naval assets in the system without being detected. From this vantage point, they were free to observe the spacefares’ activities. This gave the invasion force information they needed to swiftly secure Babylon's valuable space assets and take spacefares by surprise.
Led by Clan Cloud Cobra SaKhan Rafe Kardaan, he led multi-Clan Naval Task force that would secure the system for the Clans in 2821. Their initial jump in-system would catch the Spacefares by surprise and capture their jump point enclaves with only few JumpShips able make well their escape from them.
The Cloud Cobra WarShip the Inquisitor would be sent with task force of JumpShips and Dropships to seize mining world of Sheridan. Using their K-F Batteries on their arrival, the Inquisitor's task force would conduct a second hyperspace jump to the planet's pirate point soon after their arrival in system. After arriving above Sheridan, the WarShip would fire some warning shots at the planet to try sway spacefares on surface to surrender. However, the warning shots from its naval grade weaponry would strike too close to mining colony, which would trigger the collapse of its main underground facilities. This error by the WarShip's gunners would send the survivors into a rage, launching their surviving DropShips into battle with the Clans. In frenzy fight, Inquisitor fought-off DropShip swarm until one vessel's remains crashed into the ship forcing evacuation of its crew.
The main Clan Naval Task force would go on to secure Babylon's Naval Caches and hunting down the Spacefarers. SaKhan Kardaan would leave technicians and security forces behind to tend to captured spacefares and cache while he and his warriors would move on to Babylon itself.
 Ground Invasion of Babylon
 31st Century
By the 31st Century, Babylon had become major industral world for the Clans. Clan Diamon Shark would come to dominiate its economy from their massive industrial enclave in city of Port Talbot. Cities of Hope and New Drineshane become world's chief agricultural centers. The Shark's orbiting Dropship factories would be among few in 3062 which were not in control of Snow Raven Clan. Hellion's cities of Marron and Yoma would be home of the number of Aerospace Fighter production sites.
 Babylon Diets
 Clan Coyote Capture of Babylon
In early 3072, Clan Coyote would conduct a planetary assault on enclaves of Clan Ice Hellion, Cloud Cobra, and the Diamond Sharks. Using mix force of Battle Armor, Protomechs and some new OmniMechs they would roll over many of the Clan's forces seizing the planet after 24 hours. The battle left most of opposing Clan's warriors dead, while lower caste warriors were allow to depart if they so choose to.
 Era Specific Data
- Population: 1,100,000
- Major Cities: New Drineshane, Hope, Camlaan, Logan, Graten, Sumta, Luyden, Ponomia, Versailles.
- Population: 380,000
- Orbital Facilities: None
- Highest Native Life: Reptiles
- Population: 51,000,000
- Highest Native Life: Mammals
- Major Cities: Port Talbot, Hope, New Drineshane, Marron, and Yoma.
- Occupying Clans: Cloud Cobra, Coyote, Diamond Shark, Ice Hellion
- Occupying Clans: Clan Coyote
 Manufacturing Centers
 Garrisoning Military Force
- 45th Cobra Grenadiers (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 97th Cobra Guards (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 121st Cobra Fangs (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 441st Cobra Guards (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 5th Cobra Coil (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- Bronze Keshik (Clan Coyote)
- 38th Assault (Clan Coyote)
- 72nd Reserve Battle (Clan Coyote)
- 98th Strike (Clan Coyote)
- 990th Composite Battle (Clan Coyote)
- 509th Solahma Battle (Clan Coyote)
- 39th Strike (Clan Diamond Shark)
- 21st Combined Assault (Clan Diamond Shark)
- 57th Combined Assault (Clan Diamond Shark)
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 112, Clan-Space Worlds Table
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 135, "Babylon Profile"
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 62, 135 - Babylon background and description.
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 18 - Hidden Hope - Date and year Exodus Fleet arrived at Babylon established.
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 103 - Planetary plague cured by SLDF scientist on Babylon's moon.
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 135, "Babylon" - Planet profile includes early colonization efforts.
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 42, "Naval Cache objective of inbound clans, noted for being the largest established by the SLDF".
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike pp. 62-63 - units assigned to captured Babylon.
- ↑ Historial: Operation Klondike, pp. 42-44 - The Recon Mission into Babylon and Clan's initial jump in to capture Babylon's space population.
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 103 - Samplings of Babylon's history as of 3062.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 138 "Pariah" - 'Mech profile include Babylon assault leaving planet in Clan Coyote's control.
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 135 - Era Specific data.
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 103 Babylon - Info on Babylon as of 3062.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 138 "Pariah" - 'Mech article notes that Clan Coyote seizes complete control of Babylon.
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 152, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 153, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 17.4 17.5 17.6 17.7 Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 161, "Warden Clans Deployment Tabel"
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 18.4 Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 162, "Warden Clans Deployment Tabel"
- ↑ Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 163, "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 103, "Clan Space"