- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Kali Yama - Alphard Trading Corporation,|
Kali Yama Weapons Industries
|Armor||Aldis Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Magna 350 XL|
|Communications System||Irian Orator-5K|
|Targeting Tracking System||Irian 511|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double heat sinks|
The Hercules was built in response to a request by the Free Worlds League for a 'Mech with balanced mobility and firepower. The Hercules is powered by a Magna 350 XL Engine that propels the 'Mech up to speeds of 86.4 kph. The Hercules is also well armored, with eleven tons of Aldis Heavy Ferro-Fibrous for protection. Overall, the Hercules has turned out to be a good all-around trooper 'Mech that can handle a variety of combat roles, from air defense to long-range direct fire support.
Weapons and Equipment
The Hercules carries a wide variety of weapons. For long-range firepower, the 'Mech is armed with a Fusigon Model XI ER PPC. The ER PPC is backed up at intermediate ranges by an Imperator Code Red LB-X Autocannon/10 that can fire both standard and cluster rounds, making it effective against a wide range of combat units. For close-range combat, the Hercules carries a Holly Streak SRM-2 launcher, an Aberdovey Medium Pulse Laser, and two Martell Small Pulse Lasers. For added protection from missile attacks, the 'Mech also carries a Burow Anti-Missile System.
- HRC-LS-9000 Hercules Walker
- A uniquely customized Hercules created for Hauptmann Julius Walker of the Coventry CPM, after fighting Kristin's Krushers in 3066. The 'Mech's ER PPC, single Small Pulse Laser, and LB 10-X Autocannon were replaced by a massive LB 20-X with three tons of ammunition. Also, the techs added an additional Medium Pulse Laser, two standard Medium Lasers and CASE to the design. BV (1.0)=1,416
- MUL online date for the Hercules (BattleMech)
- Combat Operations, p. 121
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 89
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 90
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 223
- Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs p. 13 - Hercules Walker - Fluff and basic stats of customized Hercules published by BattleCorps. BV in listed with fluff incorrect.
- Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs p. 29 - Hercules Walker - Record Sheet has correct BV.