Coventry Coventry Province Militia
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- Read more →
|Coventry Coventry Province Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Coventry Province Militia formerly Coventry Donegal March Militia|
Previously the Federated Commonwealth's Coventry Dongeal March Militia, the renamed Coventry Coventry Province Militia found itself caught between the political conflict of Archon Katherine Steiner-Davion and Duke Thomas Frederick Bradford.
In 3058 the Coventry DMM assisted the 10th Skye Rangers hold Coventry against the Jade Falcon Incursion until reinforcements could drive off the Clanners. Prior to this attack, the unit became a "sink" unit, used by the High Command to station undesirable soldiers away from expected trouble zones. This plan backfired after the Falcons attacked. The Coventry DMM faced off against the Jade Falcon Eyrie Cluster outside the Coventry Military Academy. They also faced the Gyrfalcon Eyrie Cluster above and outside the Coventry Metal Works factories.
Despite their valor, the High Command refused to replace the unit's losses, leaving Duke Bradford to oversee its reconstruction.
In 3063 Duke Frederick Bradford voiced his sympathies for Victor Steiner-Davion. As a result, the Coventry CPM was imprisoned and the few remains were destroyed by the 1st Coventry Jaegers and Kristen's Krushers.
The Dark Age
Several years after the end of the Jihad the Coventry CPM was rebuilt, beginning with the first class of graduates from the Coventry Military Academy. The first BattleMechs assigned to the reformed Militia were manufactured by Defiance Industries on Kwangjong-ni, but Coventry Metal Works stepped up to provide a further twenty 'Mechs for the battalion. The Militia expected to be assigned to the defense of Coventry, but the Commanding Officer of the reborn unit at the time, Kommandant Holland, surprised more than just the Militia when he took the Militia into the Periphery on a secret pirate-hunting expedition.
After Duke Brewer took the throne from Melissa Steiner, the Coventry CPM loudly declared its support for its deposed leader instead of the usurper. They also remained at their duty station on Coventry, defending that world and its factories from Clan Jade Falcon. To reward this loyalty, Archon Trillian Steiner authorized the Coventry CPM to take a single 'Mech from Coventry Metal Work's lines every month. As a result, the unit had access to cutting edge technology.
|Commanding Officers of the Coventry Coventry Province Militia|
|Leftenant Colonel||Judith Niemeyer||3050 - 3054|
|Leftenant Colonel||Judith Niemeyer||3065|
The Coventry CPM was highly skilled in fighting in heavily wooded areas.
Coventry Donegal March Militia (Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant Colonel Judith Niemeyer
- CO: Colonel William Steiger
- Wing: Kommandant Lex Doyle
- CO: Leutnant-Colonel Mira Calliston
Coventry CPM Infantry Brigade (2 Regiments/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leutnant-Colonel James Beaumont
- CO: Colonel Steven Olin
- - At this point in time the Militia were at ninety percent of full strength, and almost half the unit were equipped with upgraded technology; the unit was stationed on Coventry.
Coventry CPM (1 Battalion/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Eileen Morales
Clan Invasion Era
If all mapsheets are wooded, the Coventry CPM can deploy half its units as hidden units.
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion, p. 8
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion, p. 22
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion, pp. 23-24
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 111, "Coventry CPM Militia Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 167, 175
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 38
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 175
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 105, "Coventry Province Militia"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 131
- 20 Year Update, p. 29, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 23, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 175
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 108, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 132, "Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces - Coventry Province"
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 136
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 138
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion', p. 12