- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
- This article is about the OmniMech. For the military rank, see Hauptmann (rank).
|Manufacturer||Coventry Metal Works|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unknown|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double Heat Sinks|
The first OmniMech both designed and built by the Lyran Alliance. The inspiration for the Hauptmann is drawn from the Daishi OmniMech used by the Clans. Using information from captured Daishis and data gleaned from the construction of the Firestarter OmniMech, which was shared by the Draconis Combine, the end result is a powerful OmniMech capable of defending itself in most combat situations. The Hauptmann is built on a standard chassis and powered by a 285 fusion engine, adding to the 'Mech's durability as it cannot be killed by a side torso loss. The Hauptmann has eleven double heat sinks fixed on the chassis and can add more if needed in its various configurations. For protection, the Hauptmann carries eighteen and a half tons of armor and has CASE fixed in the right torso to protect against an ammunition explosion.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration carries a varied and powerful arsenal. For long range combat, the Hauptmann carries two ER Large Lasers as its primary long range weapons. These give the Hauptmann Prime a good long range damage capability. For close combat, the 'Mech has an LB-X Autocannon/20 for devastating close range firepower backed up by two Medium Pulse Lasers, an ER Small Laser, and a pair of Streak SRM-2 launchers. Finally, to protect the 'Mech against enemy electronic warfare systems, the Hauptmann Prime has a Guardian ECM Suite.
- Alt. Config. A
- Intended for close combat, the Hauptmann A is armed with four ER Medium Lasers as its primary short-ranged weapons with a pair of SRM-6 launchers linked to an Artemis IV fire control system for increased missile accuracy. For increased mobility, the Hauptmann A has three jump jets that allow the 'Mech to jump up to ninety meters. Finally, to defend itself if it ends up in a long range firefight, the Alpha configuration mounts a Gauss Rifle. To handle the massive heat load, it carries an additional six double heat sinks. BV (1.0) = 2,172, BV (2.0) = 2,311
- Alt. Config. B
- Configured for both long- and short-range engagements, the B configuration of the Hauptmann has a pair of ER PPCs which give it the capability to engage an enemy at long ranges. For close combat, the 'Mech has three Medium Pulse Lasers and a devastatingly powerful Ultra Autocannon/20. To handle the 'Mech's high heat generated from its weapons, the B configuration has five additional double heat sinks. BV (1.0) = 1,662, BV (2.0) = 2,208
- Alt. Config. C
- The C configuration of the Hauptmann is intended to close with its enemies and wear them down as it approaches, delivering the killing blow at short range. For long range combat, the Hauptmann C carries an LRM-20 launcher linked to an Artemis IV fire control system to increase the accuracy of its missiles. For close combat, the Hauptmann C has a massive Heavy Gauss Rifle. This is supported by two ER Medium Lasers, an ER Small Laser, and a Medium Pulse Laser. This configuration of the Hauptmann has an additional two double heat sinks and a Guardian ECM Suite to protect itself from enemy electronic warfare systems. BV (1.0) = 2,122, BV (2.0) = 2,322
- Alt. Config. D
- The D configuration was developed during the Jihad to take on the Command Unit role. This configuration fitted a C3 Master Computer and a Targeting Computer in the Hauptmann's left torso. For ranged attacks this configuration has a Heavy PPC and Gauss Rifle with a single ton of ammunition. Complementing these weapons are a pair of 10-Tubed Rocket Launchers mounted in each of the 'Mech's arms. The 'Mech's only secondary weaponry is a pair of ER Medium Lasers. BV (2.0) = 2,359
- Alt. Config. E
- The E Configuration was, like the D configuration, developed during the Jihad. It was designed to use a large quantity of range-weaponry as its primary focus. The Hauptmann's right arm is fitted with a Gauss Rifle with 2 tons of ammunition mounted in that section. In the left arm, a Plasma Rifle has been fitted. Both arms have their lower arm actuators removed to allow for the pilot to flip arms. The Plasma Rifle's 2 tons of ammunition are stored in the left arm and in the left torso. The 'Mech's only secondary weapons are a pair of 5-Tubed Multi-Missile Launchers mounted in each side torso. The Hauptmann has been given 3 tons of CASE protected ammunition for the missile weaponry. BV (2.0) = 2,298
- Dire Wolf - The first OmniMech designed by the Lyran Alliance, the Hauptmann was based on captured Dire Wolf Clan OmniMechs, with further Omni technological expertise coming from the Alliance's experience with the Combine-designed Firestarter OmniMech.
- During the battle for Tharkad at the end of the FedCom Civil War, Nondi Steiner led the pro-Katherine forces from the cockpit of her Hauptmann. It would be her final 'Mech as she was defeated and killed by her grand-nephew Peter Steiner-Davion in that same campaign.
MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries version of the Hauptmann
- MUL online date for the Hauptmann
- Combat Operations, p. 132
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 230
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 231
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 191
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 232
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 192
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 193
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unbridged, p. 194 - Hauptmann's D configuration developed during the Jihad.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 195 - Hauptmann OmniMech's E Configuration from RS3060u.
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 186
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 187
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 188
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 128