|Vidar Heavy Defense Tank|
|Manufacturer||Benson and Bjorn|
|Mission||Defense Vehicle, Garrison Duty|
|Armor||Compound A2F Ferro-Fibrous with CASE|
|Engine||Fuel Cell 150|
|Speed||32 kph km/h|
|Communications System||Q2 Block 7|
|Targeting Tracking System||Build 2 JRD TTS w/Artemis V FCS|
Somewhat of a poster child for tensions between the Clan Ghost Bear and Rasalhagian elements of the Ghost Bear Dominion, the Vidar Heavy Defense Tank was an armored combat vehicle first deployed in 3085. 
Feeling threatened by the superiority of native Rasalhagian designed Clan-tech equipped combat vehicles and tanks developed in the latter half of the Jihad, the Clan Touman solicited bids for a low-cost defensive tank to supplement the massive Mars and Huitzilopochtli. The loss of honor forced the Clan Ghost Bear Scientist Caste to respond, pulling strings to get the Vidar accepted and using their ties with the Merchant Caste to force an unwilling Benson and Bjorn to manufacture it. The resulting design would be regarded as being so bad that Benson & Bjorn would have issue an unsanctioned civilian Trial of Refusal pitting one the company's Axel IIC tanks against Vidar to prove its inferiority, defeating it within five minutes. This cemented its bad reputation among the, mostly, Rasalhagian crews forced to pilot it. The Vidar would finally prove its worth in battle against pirates attacking the Dominion world of Porthos.
Caught between the low-cost mandated and the Bear Scientist Caste's desperation to show off its superior technical flair, the Vidar is technically advanced but no more armored or speedier than the heavier designs it was intended to escort. Using an inexpensive 150 rated Fuel Cell engine to cut costs, the Vidar is only just capable of speed above 30 kph. Hampered by the need to cover two turrets the Vidar hull is protected by barely adequate ten and half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, with integrated CASE.
Weapons and Equipment
An attempt by the Ghost Bear scientists to increase its flexibility, the Vidar mounts two Turrets. The forward turret mounts four Clan Chemical Lasers with six tons of reloads, while two 15-Tube Long-Range Missile Launchers are mounted in the rear turret with advanced tech Artemis V FCS guidance. Four tons of worth of reloads are dedicated to keeping these launchers supplied. 
To help ward off incoming missile fire, a pair of mounted Goalkeeper Anti-missile systems mounted in front of the vehicle rounds out the Tank's defensive weapon systems .
- Vidar Heavy Defense Tank 2
- Introduced 3090, this variant of the tank was introduced by Benson and Bjorn address some of the shortcomings of the original vehicle. The Vidar 2's changes include; the exchange it’s Large Chemical Lasers for ER Large Lasers with additional Heat Sinks. The vehicle's forward AMS would be dropped in favor of increasing the Vidar's armor protection and changing the Ferro-Fiber for Hardened Armor.
- The technology listed in this vehicle have been re-rated according to the Jihad Technology Advancement Table found in TRO: Prototypes. Duel Turret (Vehicle) is list as Tournment Legal, while Chemical Lasers and Artemis V FCS brings the Vidar's tech level to the Advanced Tech rating.
- MUL online date for the Vidar
- Master Unit List Nuberu profile gives BV2 value.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 79, "Vidar Heavy Defense Tank".
- Record Sheets: Prototypes, p. 41
- Vider's MUL profile lists vehicle introduced in 3085.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 78, "Vidar Heavy Defense Tank"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, pp. 78-79, "Vidar Heavy Defense Tank" - Weapons stats & Description.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 76, "Vidar Heavy Defense Tank - Variant Description. No BV2 listed"
- Master Unit List Vidar Heavy Defense Tank 2 profile gives introduction year, but excludes the Battle Value.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, pp. 206-208, "Jihad Technology Advancement Table" - Tech levels for Vidar's components vary from Total Warfare/TechManual construction rules.