|Huitzilopochtli Assault Tank|
The Huitzilopochtli, often referred to as the "Huey," is a Clan combat vehicle that was created as a mobile artillery platform. Kerensky's exiles brought few such vehicles with them, and most of the ones they did bring were destroyed during the Pentagon Civil War, so ilKhan Nicholas Kerensky authorized production of a design based on the SLDF's Padilla. The Clan disdain for both artillery and combat vehicles led the Huitzilopochtli to be built around an ICE, which can only propel it to 32 km/h. It is so slow that it is often moved by DropShip, prompting a questioning of what its designers considered "mobile artillery." Designers also skimped on armor protection, with a mere five and a half tons considered adequate for a unit that should be kilometers away from the battle. The Huey was again snubbed with the usage of standard armor, though an ECM Suite makes it difficult to locate and protects it from enemy electronics.
The reason for the Huitzilopochtli's existence is its pair of Arrow IV launchers. Four tons of ammunition allow it to vary the types of ammo it carries. In case the slow tank finds itself in a position to be fired on by traditional weapons, it can return fire in kind. A Type 31 Ultra Autocannon/5 has decent range, but two Kolibri Omega Series Medium Pulse Lasers are very accurate. A Series 1 ER Small Laser is also included, and all the lasers are mounted in the Huey's turret. Its defense against infantry, two Series IX Machine Guns, protect the sides of the vehicle, with one on each.
- AAA - The Anti-Aircraft version of the Huey was introduced during the Jihad era. The vehicle's Ultra-autocannon and lasers were dropped in favor of pair of Class 20 Hyper Assault Cannons. The guns mounted in the turret have been given 24 rounds of ammunition. The vehicle's artillery ammunition has been increased by 10 tons giving a total of 15 rounds of Homing and standard Arrow VI missiles. The vehicle's Internal Combustion Engine has been replaced by a Fuel Cell engine. BV (2.0) = 1,343
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 108
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 66-67, "Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 96
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 97, "Huitzilopochtli Assault Tank (AAA) variant".